The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Apparently Builders, Building & the term "square" are not to be put in the same written or verbal sentence or the job.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
    Yeah , even more of a lash up now , timber frames house ,throw some bricks at it and job done

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
      Haven’t done feck all on the work van since last weekend but I didn’t manage to get some kit out of it for a job at home:

It’s only taken me 4 years to get a floor down in the hall. Just got to get some down in the downstairs toilet, get some skirting around the arch I put in when I took the kitchen door out and then get the floor trim down. Job done and massive brownie points with the other half. I think if I’m quick, I could even buy another motor off the back of this without being in the dog house. This is helpful as I’m considering a mk1 golf rolling shell I found for just £3k, it comes with almost everything bar the engine which is fantastic as parts are getting rare. The little bits add up to a lot. I’m seriously considering it.......

Sent from a muppet
      That's should keep him indoors off your case, now go grab that Golf shell.
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

That’s what I did in the spare room , two problems though , the edging I found expensive and if the walls aren’t dead square you get a slight gap on the mitred joint
        The edging was cheap thankfully and I’ll either piss around with the mitres or use light grey silicone if there’s a small gap. It’ll be nice either way.

Walls dead square? Us builders go to the closest inch lol

Sent from a muppet
        #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

Yeah , even more of a lash up now , timber frames house ,throw some bricks at it and job done
          My first house was a timber frame and brick facade. Load of total bollocks. Give me a good old 9” wall any day.

Sent from a muppet
          #vanlife

Comment

• The V6 golf has just eaten another coil so it’s now a V5 4motion lol - got spares so I’ll find it the old fashioned way. Pull the plugs and listen to which is shagged.

God I’m tempted with that Mk1. I’ve not had a drink tho so I’m resisting the urge. Nighttime is where the trouble starts.

Sent from a muppet
            #vanlife

Comment

. Give me a good old 9”

Sent from a muppet
              Ok will do when we meet up

Comment

• I'm saying nowt.

Comment

• Poor old Arthur...he’s only just about managing to hold back right now. Hilarious.

Comment

The V6 golf has just eaten another coil so it’s now a V5 4motion lol - got spares so I’ll find it the old fashioned way. Pull the plugs and listen to which is shagged.

God I’m tempted with that Mk1. I’ve not had a drink tho so I’m resisting the urge. Nighttime is where the trouble starts.

Sent from a muppet
                    Do it Tommy. The mk1...my all time favourite car.

Comment

• If your talking Golf then get one, the only car I regret turning away from was a 82 1.8 Golf GTI, would have still had it today based on how long we've had the Corrado.

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
                        Poor old Arthur...he’s only just about managing to hold back right now. Hilarious.
                        I'm biting my fist as we speak.

Comment

• Oh dear lol. Mind out the gutter Hahahaha!

Sent from a muppet
                          #vanlife

Comment

• I’m in real mental distress about this mk1. My brother in law even said he’d go halves. I’m not keen on that as I’d want it myself. Like Jez said in a WhatsApp to me, it’s gagging for a 1.8t.

I just keep reminding myself that for £3k, I could finish the camper. Pop top, fridge, underslung waste and fresh water tanks, diesel heater and a few more bits.

The real trouble is, I like Mk1’s and it would be a forever car but if it was an Audi Quattro in almost any state for £3k. It would be on the drive now and I would be on the sofa for a few weeks. I wouldn’t have any remorse though.

We’re starting to get geared up to seriously save to move house. We don’t need a bigger house but I need more space for a large workshop/garage. He wants a bigger garden or some bollocks he was wittering on about. I wasn’t listening but I do badly need space to work on cars inside.

I’ll still be blowing money on the cars and vans but not as much as I do currently. I’ll be putting the Golf V6Turbo 4motion sleeper on hold for a while........ probably hahahahahaha. I’ll get itchy feet and dive into it on the quiet I’m sure
                            #vanlife

Comment

• Have you seen the car to actually confirm whats needed, upto scratch body and paint plus acceptable for the money? Where would you keep it while its work in progress?

Your BIL would be your option out or part out if needs must. Go view it at least! I'd buy. Its worth that money all day and climbing.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• I can’t go and look at it. Absolutely not. I just can’t.

At £3k it’s a gift really. Gagging for a 180/225 1.8t with 6 speed box. I’d keep it on the steels and standard looking.

I’ve got to stop. Can we change the subject now please? Haha *Said whilst gazing vacantly into the distance in contemplation*

Sent from a muppet
                                #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X