The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
    I guess your going to use your new joggler tool to punch holes at 25mm intervals on the sill lip repair panel and then plug weld ?
    You bet your sweet little ass I am. The plugs from the panel I took off were about 60mm apart but i was thinking the same as you. An inch is better.

I’ll cut the corners where the 2 panels meet and butt weld and flange (lol) should be strong AF.

I’ve got to do a few repairs and treat the inner wing too.

Sent from a muppet
    #vanlife

Comment

• Well done TommyP, your attitude to getting it done and build on "doing it better" is infectious - keep it up buddy. Your welding after just 3 hours is coming on a treat (to the untrained eye at least!).

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Nice one Tommy, looking at those welds you can come and make jeep door frames for me if you get a minute mate.

Comment

• Just waiting for some primer to go off so I’ll still a bit of progress up:

A bit of blue for the dads:

I’d like to just point out this is my labourers paper and being used for all it’s good for.

Whilst I’m waiting for the primer to go off I’ll spew PU Sealer everywhere in the arch to keep that protected. It’s already had a thick coat of under seal.

Sent from a muppet
          #vanlife

Comment

• I haven’t got any further pics but after the last ones, I got a thin smear of filler on the butt welds and then realised the time and needing to be somewhere in an hour......

Managed to get it re primed, fit the door bellow, flat off and get some high build on, get the wheel back on, flat back again and a heavy ass coat of white base coat (f that’s what you call it - get me trying to make out I know what I’m doing......and failing) door back on, damage new wing getting it on and generally rush the job you should never ever rush.

Amazingly though, it doesn’t look that bad! I will flat it back and bollocks at least one more white on it.

Panel fit on the new wing wasn’t great but it works.

Now I need to blow my doors in as they’re rough. The last round of paint a previous owner had done was even more shit than my bodywork so they need a smarten up.

Sent from a muppet
            #vanlife

Comment

• Haven’t done feck all on the work van since last weekend but I didn’t manage to get some kit out of it for a job at home:

It’s only taken me 4 years to get a floor down in the hall. Just got to get some down in the downstairs toilet, get some skirting around the arch I put in when I took the kitchen door out and then get the floor trim down. Job done and massive brownie points with the other half. I think if I’m quick, I could even buy another motor off the back of this without being in the dog house. This is helpful as I’m considering a mk1 golf rolling shell I found for just £3k, it comes with almost everything bar the engine which is fantastic as parts are getting rare. The little bits add up to a lot. I’m seriously considering it.......

Sent from a muppet
              #vanlife

Comment

• Your doing well there mate. I fitted new doors to the sitting room and kitchen on FA cup final day 2008, I've still to paint and fit handles.

Comment

• Loving the wall colour in the hallway. Looks very similar to a T6 local to me in a really nice satin olive drab - not sure what the paint is or even if it's wrapped but it's a nice twist on the usual matt olive drab.

Comment

• We like the bold darker colours, reds, blues and greens etc.

Sent from a muppet
                    #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Your doing well there mate. I fitted new doors to the sitting room and kitchen on FA cup final day 2008, I've still to paint and fit handles.
                      Hahahahaha!! That sounds exactly like me. Bus mans holiday

Sent from a muppet
                      #vanlife

Comment

• Nice job , did you remove the skirting or cut the bottom of the skirting for the laminate to fit underneath?

Comment

Nice job , did you remove the skirting or cut the bottom of the skirting for the laminate to fit underneath?
                          Neither, It’s not going under the skirting. I cut the door frames so it’s under them and I’ve got the matching trim to cover the gap round the edge.

Sent from a muppet
                          #vanlife

Comment

• Mk1 golf on its way to Leicester????

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Neither, It’s not going under the skirting. I cut the door frames so it’s under them and I’ve got the matching trim to cover the gap round the edge.

Sent from a muppet
                              That’s what I did in the spare room , two problems though , the edging I found expensive and if the walls aren’t dead square you get a slight gap on the mitred joint

Comment

That’s what I did in the spare room , two problems though , the edging I found expensive and if the walls aren’t dead square you get a slight gap on the mitred joint
                                Apparently Builders, Building & the term "square" are not to be put in the same written or verbal sentence or the job.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X