Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
    diesel heater
    Just picked one up, brand new still boxed - you want it?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Just picked one up, brand new still boxed - you want it?
      What sort? I might actually WhatsApp some pics and shizzle

Sent from a muppet
      #vanlife

Comment

What sort? I might actually WhatsApp some pics and shizzle

Sent from a muppet
        Dunno, it's still boxed, it'll be the standard chinesium planar heater

Comment

• I’ve pm’d you.

Sent from a muppet
          #vanlife

Comment

I’ve pm’d you.

Sent from a muppet
            Have you? did you mean whatsapp?

Comment

• Yes and yes.

Sent from a muppet
              #vanlife

Comment

• Messaged you (reg ) on Facebook messenger on 9/9/20 sending you a link to a very nice Doka and cheap too.

I haven’t been able to get on the forum until today .
                Last edited by Fruitbat; 12 September 2020, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                  Messaged you (reg ) on Facebook messenger on 9/9/20 sending you a link to a very nice Doka and cheap too.

I haven’t been able to get on the forum until today .
                  Did you? Sure? Not the black one in bits that was stupid money?

Comment

Did you? Sure? Not the black one in bits that was stupid money?
                    Yep , you’ve still not read the message .

This one.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Sure I replied on here - nothing in messenger though???

Are brembo stickers worth £500 a piece then cos I don't see 2K worth of van - In that state a grand tops.

Comment

• Looks like the chassis has been shorted as well.

Comment

Sure I replied on here - nothing in messenger though???

Are brembo stickers worth £500 a piece then cos I don't see 2K worth of van - In that state a grand tops.
                          In Message requests probably , as I’m not friends with you on Facebook

Comment

• He has the jacking sorted as well, my drive on ramp,Reg's ratchet axle stand and one of Turks wooden efforts

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

In Message requests probably , as I’m not friends with you on Facebook
                              If I dont recognise the name I'll ignore it, even if I do recognise the name I'll probably ignore it as well, my mum has had a friend request on me for three weeks now, and my missus has given up sending friend requests and taken the hint.

Funny thing is, she's only just found facebook, my mum didn't send a friend request to my profile that is in my actual name, but sent a request to reg.

Comment

• The turbo is starting to get gummed up already.........

Started sometime last week. When I first start it and drive away, it takes a few miles until the vanes start working. Until then if you try and gas on (remembering the throttle is very sensitive so it’s easily done) the boost goes up to 19/20psi but it doesn’t make the power as the vanes are still not open so it’s choking up the engine. I’m conscious of this and back off when it does it as I don’t want surge and a shagged turbo.

Running Recap:

It’s still in a fairly early stage of setup as I haven’t had time to go any further. This means I’m still getting black smoke - the cause of the turbo getting sooted up and jamming for a while.

The Plan:

Step 1, Struggle to get time to work on it it.

Step 2, Pull the turbo off, strip it down, clean it out refit.

Step 3, Knock the max fuel screw back some more and deal with the idle. I’ll almost definitely have to reindex the throttle again to be able to get the idle up. Again, the fuel screw is wound very far out already.

Step 4, Drive it.

I have an LDA so I really need to get the fueling set up perfectly and rid of the smoke. It looks cool if you’re from Louisiana and it’s a Dodge Ram but this is Leicester and it’s a knackered old work van. I need to sort my shit out.

Just in case it doesn’t work for that long despite my efforts:

Fit a hybrid K16 or greater, chalk it up to experience and get the whiskey out whilst I reminisce about the good old times of when my vanes used to get bollocked open and I got the most unearthly 5 cylinder roar as the van thundered forward at a pace it has no right to that used to engorge my gentlemen sausage every time i put my foot down.
                                Last edited by TommyP; 14 September 2020, 09:40 PM.
                                #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X