X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TommyP
    replied
    Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

It's a convertible. You wouldn't want to be seen in that.....people might start thinking alsorts Buddy.

Even Tommy doesn't want it, that should tell you all you need to know about that car. Not everything you get for free is good, like syphilis and lectures from Jehovas Witnesses.
    My mate has already got it sorted and it’s a cracking motor. Cleaned up a treat, everything works and even the battery is almost good despite being dead for 3 years. A couple nights on a reconditioned charger and it’s work even when left stood. Just wants brakes and tyres.

I’ve got my Swedish fix and it wouldn’t have been lucrative enough to be worth my time to flip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    Kev implied previously he prefers payment (he's cheap but apparently offers a great Welsh service) but he'd give you one for free too?

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Originally posted by spedwing View Post
    A free car ?? I’m doing something wrong
    Because I’m on the front with my legs and belly hanging out the bonnet of something people stop and offer me all sorts of shite. Not often for free.

I put it down to being such a pleasant and approachable chap. Don’t listen to what Rob says. Or Kev. Or Arf or Neil. Or anyone that’s met me.

Leave a comment:

• arfur fox-acre
    replied
    Originally posted by spedwing View Post
    It's a convertible. You wouldn't want to be seen in that.....people might start thinking alsorts Buddy.

Even Tommy doesn't want it, that should tell you all you need to know about that car. Not everything you get for free is good, like syphilis and lectures from Jehovas Witnesses.
    Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 14 June 2022, 04:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    No it's a Saab

Leave a comment:

• spedwing
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    New battery, still need to check for a parasitic drain. Started having issues starting it occasionally and suspected the ignition switch as they’re slags. Keep spares and always have one in each van. Tried it, nope. Second item to check was the culprit, igniter wire to the starter. Crimped connector and now fine. Put another ign switch on anyway as it’s only had 3 this month. A new switch with every tank of diesel I say.

Was given this for free so collected it yesterday: I haven’t got time for it, wouldn’t have kept it anyway and it’s not worth much on the road. I’ve got a mate that was after one so I just passed it into him. He’s mega chuffed and has spent all weekend on it so I’m happy it’s gone to a good home and saved from the scrapyard.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    The battery keeps dying - probably a drain though I have let the battery go flat before so it’ll be on it’s late legs anyway. Leave it 2 days and it won’t crank.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Well then, still no fucking clue how but:

I decided (as I usually do) to go for the easier fat lazy bastard option and leave the pump in whilst I changed the bracket. Perfectly doable providing you break your wrists in 2 places to aid flexibility for access to the 3 bolts jammed between the pump and block. I must admit I did swear once or twice. Anyway, took over an hour to get it swapped, timed and running again. Threw it back together and fucked off out. I’ll check the timing at some point.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Originally posted by d-9 View Post
    Did it flash up ‘manifold danger’ and then the passenger footwell fell out?
    I would laugh at the randomness of this (randomness is my thing and it was funny) but after snapping this bracket fuck knows how I wouldn’t rule out anything like this warning and then the footwell skimming down the road. PMSL

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
    Tentatively, not attentively.

Just saying.

You should always "pull off" tentatively.
    The joke wasn’t lose but I meant what I wrong on this occasion. I was paying attention to what it was doing. Then just floored it and lit the front wheels up. I knew there’s an issue so it may as well go out in a blaze of glory on my terms. It didn’t though.

Leave a comment:

• arfur fox-acre
    replied
    Tentatively, not attentively.

Just saying.

You should always "pull off" tentatively.

Leave a comment:

• d-9
    replied
    Did it flash up ‘manifold danger’ and then the passenger footwell fell out?

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    True.
    I'll try harder next time.
    Last edited by Activ8; 20 May 2022, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Ooooh nice and wtf?
    The casting has managed 20ish years of support and stoic fastidiousness until you kicked the giblets out of it.
    Well done Sir.
    Long live the next arena contender, or will you be welding it to the block?
    The connection to the block isn’t the dodgy bit, it’s your prowess on photoshop that’s the real issue here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X