Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activ8
    replied
    After many years of T4 ownership I'm past the denial stages of colour, bodywork, and all of your fluff and interior sheep bollocking practices!

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Nothing wrong with fifty shades of red bud ....

Anyway you can talk your vans "white" and flying more colours than a San Fran gay parade.
    Correct but I’m not in denial about my shoddy paintwork……

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    Nothing wrong with fifty shades of red bud ....

Anyway you can talk your vans "white" and flying more colours than a San Fran gay parade.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Pahahahaha .... yep, 2-3 years ago before your ego bloated your vision and I took the time to document it twice - are you able to read or were the pictures not quite enough? - First with rattle cans then immediately stripped and sprayed as a learning curve ...... I'd never done it before ....

Didn't inspire you to try .... as you got Rosie bodged red by a blind mate? And the white shit box just sinks yet further into aesthetic , mechanical & structural decline ....

Pahahahahahaha ! Fuckin T5 ownership is your exit and saving grace .....

Balls to all of that, you’re bonnet is faded black and the rest of the van in various shades of red and bilt hamber!

Can’t wait to get my teeth into that T5 though, I’ve started amassing some parts for it and source others to collect from FBMP. Found the wheels I want and have all the info on the 6 speed conversion.

The white van is begging me to keep it as it’s driving absolutely superbly.

Leave a comment:

• Benf
    replied
    You ladies are at it again I see

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Good point, have you painted that bonnet yet? Or are you still scrolling through parts diagrams to assist you?

That’s what I thought now pipe down whilst the adults talk. There’s a good boy.

Pahahahaha .... yep, 2-3 years ago before your ego bloated your vision and I took the time to document it twice - are you able to read or were the pictures not quite enough? - First with rattle cans then immediately stripped and sprayed as a learning curve ...... I'd never done it before ....

Didn't inspire you to try .... as you got Rosie bodged red by a blind mate? And the white shit box just sinks yet further into aesthetic , mechanical & structural decline ....

Pahahahahahaha ! Fuckin T5 ownership is your exit and saving grace .....

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    It would of only been in the course of trying to assist you , a complimentary strategy to yours ..... rather than the "lets blindly fumble" forward and fuck something else up one you follow!
    Pahahahaha .....
    Good point, have you painted that bonnet yet? Or are you still scrolling through parts diagrams to assist you?

That’s what I thought now pipe down whilst the adults talk. There’s a good boy.

Last edited by TommyP; 26 March 2023, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    It would of only been in the course of trying to assist you , a complimentary strategy to yours ..... rather than the "lets blindly fumble" forward and fuck something else up one you follow!
    Pahahahaha .....

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    I'm positive we discussed master cylinder sizing some years back before you "discovered" today's enlightenment.....
    I discovered it weeks ago and then ordered 3 of them as I’ve another mate that’s converted to 02G as well.

We may well have discussed it. I imagine I didn’t remember the conversation as you’d have started dribbling on about fluid volumes of the 2 choices or part numbers or some shite that people that actually physically achieve things just don’t need to know or care about.

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    I'm positive we discussed master cylinder sizing some years back before you "discovered" today's enlightenment.....

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    I need correct a previous comment regarding LUK concentric slave cylinders. I said me and another mate had our fail after 2k miles for him and 20k for me. Both almost precisely at the same time and they were both kitted a year earlier.

He told me his has failed again after only doing 2k miles again! This time he used a blueprint one and commented on how well made it looked. Anyways, we decided to investigate further. We’re both running 02G converted vans. So without even the slightest hint of 7upzap, my research and geeking online revealed that the 02B uses a 19mm bore master cylinder and the 02G uses a 15.87mm MC. So what was happening is the master was forcing the slave too far and led to rapid failure of the seal. This also explains why my bite point was high up in the pedal travel and it was quite fierce. It was pretty heavy too.

I changed for the correct master which was a Topran one as I’ve found theirs are perfectly fine and last years and nearly 100k from my own experience. It’s made a big difference and drives much smoother and the clutch is mega light.

Sorry LUK but I’m sure you’ll get over it.

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    The Mrs and the neighbours will be far more relaxed about the new van in the neighbourhood.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    All true TP!

There's tears rolling down my cheeks ...
    I'll miss the white shit box.
    I’ll be sure to slacken the sump plug on the T5 so you can continue to have oil left on your drive after I’ve been to see you.

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    All true TP!

There's tears rolling down my cheeks ...
    I'll miss the white shit box.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    I suppose most of you have come to know this thread as being about this van which is fine but I’m the caveman so it’s probably more about me and my main mode of transport which is my work van that I cover 10’s of thousands of miles in a year.

That being the case this thread is about to end as the van is being sold and in the next day or so the sale will hopefully through.

It’s been a long old journey but I got offered a van too good to be true so I’ve bought it and it’s a T5. A 1.9PD LWB Panel van in a rare colour and it just feels like the right time to do so.

For any of the haters that are even thinking of the word ‘traitor’ I’d just say this, I’ve probably covered (and will continue to do so in one way or another) more miles in reverse in a T4 in a month than you will drive a T4 in total in your lifetime and will I continue to not only own another T4 as a campervan (my very first T4) but I’ll buy, sell work on more T4’s than you’ll ever even think about in your wildest, wettest dreams.

Maybe that comes across as harsh but those of you that know me know I fucking hate the VW scene and the sheep that fill it so they’re best cut off at the knees before being allowed to speak. The above statement isn’t directed at anyone on here really but bare what I’ve said in mind before anyone thinking they might want to take the piss lol.

I will truly miss the fire and brimstone this van emits out the exhaust and the euphoria it provides when leaving T5’s and T6’s for dead and the looks of the owners faces but I think that’s about it. The time to part ways feels right and all being well it’s going to a very close me never of the family so it’ll be very close and maybe even end up mine again one day.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X