No announcement yet.

The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think a white van with white steels will be a bit too much , keep it clean looking white van / silver wheels .

The only wheels that look good in white are Compomotives ( imo )

Comment

• A nice deep red, chrome dome hubcaps and whitewall. wud luk sik blud.

Not white wheels on a white van. GAF.

A strong colour would look good.

Black is the easy care option but hides the wheels and they'll look meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        A nice deep red, chrome dome hubcaps and whitewall. wud luk sik blud.

Not white wheels on a white van. GAF.

A strong colour would look good.

Black is the easy care option but hides the wheels and they'll look meh.
        I’d rather have Ebola than chrome caps.

I think Rob might be onto something with a mid grey.

I figured you’d loose the wheels if I did them black so I won’t be doing that.

Silver or a light/mid grey in metallic.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

• Well done, the second most boring dull option you could have had. You sure you wanted banded? Too jazzy? perhaps some nice standard steels?

How about pale yellow or pink with a plain black hubcap, that would suit allsorts of vans.
          Last edited by regcheeseman; 30 October 2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Well done, the second most boring dull option you could have had. You sure you wanted banded? Too jazzy? perhaps some nice standard steels?

How about pale yellow or pink with a plain black hubcap, that would suit allsorts of vans.
            All hail the style queen

Comment

lol... funny!

Comment

Well done, the second most boring dull option you could have had. You sure you wanted banded? Too jazzy? perhaps some nice standard steels?

Oh Reggie *slaps face* PMSL. I can’t fit standard steels over my brakes and they look shit anyway. You know this now stop winding me up!

I’ve decided to go for polka dot yellow and pink in a desperate attempt to try and cheer you up from what I can only assume must have been a terrible recent sexual experience.

I don’t want this van to look jazzy. It’s just not that sort of whip for me. I prefer understated. It highlights me when I get out of it wearing my cravat, diamond encrusted walking cane and violet top hat.

Now tell me what I should start with on the dti for a 10mm pump before I really lose my temper.

Seriously though my brother in law tried some satin grey graffiti paint on one wheel and it looked pretty sexy. I may go for this then flat it back and lacquer it. Unless it looks too jazzy that is.....

Last edited by TommyP; 31 October 2020, 12:27 AM.
                #vanlife

Comment

• Got some primer on them tonight:

Still undecided on colour. Will roll into my factors and just se what I feel like tomorrow.

Ordered the tyres. Half decent and £180 for 4. Bargain. They arrive Tuesday.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                    Got some primer on them tonight:

Still undecided on colour. Will roll into my factors and just se what I feel like tomorrow.

Ordered the tyres. Half decent and £180 for 4. Bargain. They arrive Tuesday.

Id paint half the wheel black, half of it white, spins Grey.

Comment

• Jesus that dooby must have got a hold o’ me there! ... i wiz jokin.

Comment

• 1.2mm.

Lacquer the primer. Job done, maybe chuck some purple metalflake into the lacquer to set the top hat off nicely

Comment

• BMW Space Grey:

Look like normal silver wheels after 214 miles on the M1 in June.

#vanlife

Comment

• What band size did you go for in the end?

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                              BMW Space Grey:

Look like normal silver wheels after 214 miles on the M1 in June.

Similar colour to my wheels

Comment

• Yep same colour as my bog standard factory steels as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X