The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitiful!!!!!!

Absolutely dog shit on paper. All the power of a 1993 transit petrol.

The bloke on the rollers had the devils own job to try and work out the rpm to set the dyno up he played about with it for about 8 runs trying to sort it out.

The old boys did 88bhp and 133lbs ft!!!! What the fuck is that all about? Hahahahahahaha!

Either way, mine drives great and has fuckloads of torque so never mind hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Last edited by TommyP; 1 December 2020, 08:06 PM.
    #vanlife

Comment

• See what i mean about small gains feeling good on the road? Keep at it you'll make the 200bhp target.Insperation mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
        See what i mean about small gains feeling good on the road? Keep at it you'll make the 200bhp target.Insperation mate.
        There’s feeling good and then there’s only having 42bhp/60lbs ft more than a standard 2.4 diesel!!! Or 10bhp more than a 102 2.5tdi and less torque! Something ain’t right.

On a positive note though, if this is what the measley power it makes on paper feels like then my original target is grossly excessive and I’ll not bother going for it. An extra 78bhp/120lbsft just isn’t necessary at all.

#vanlife

Comment

• I reckon its down as it must of used a ton of energy taking it back to 22nd December 2011!

The curves look pretty shit hot for something thats only injecting fuel for 9.6 degrees, tops 14.6 with cetane delay but still its revving to about 4k.
          Torque curve for a little fuck muppetry looks sound, albeit quite late, very late to peak with a such a small VNT1 unit. Nice night to be going heavy - was it rolling coal?
          There's more in there for sure - a lot more. I'll look at the full run info you sent me shortly.

It was ONLY ever going to be a datum point TommyP, now you've got it, its time to start the improvements.
          Last edited by Activ8; 1 December 2020, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            I reckon its down as it must of used a ton of energy taking it back to 22nd December 2011!

The curves look pretty shit hot for something thats only injecting fuel for 9.6 degrees, tops 14.6 with cetane delay but still its revving to about 4k.
            Torque curve for a little fuck muppetry looks sound, albeit quite late, very late to peak with a such a small VNT1 unit. Nice night to be going heavy - was it rolling coal?
            There's more in there for sure - a lot more. I'll look at the full run info you sent me shortly.

It was ONLY ever going to be a datum point TommyP, now you've got it, its time to start the improvements.
            Yeah I’ll hopefully be addressing the SOI with another pump.

Fuck knows what the peak torque being so high is all about. It shifts on the road very low down and blows the old k14 out of the water. Even so, I could close the vanes off more with the minimum adjuster to bring it down further. Not sure I want to though as that restricts flow when off boost.

Nope, it barely smokes at all. I’ll post a link for a video I took.

#vanlife

Comment

• One of the 8 runs: https://youtu.be/ooMqXQxD9P0

#vanlife

Comment

• ha ha it's fucking shite.

I've a nice shiny shiny EDC15 in the garage if you want it.

Those curves are odd, sure they gave you the right printout, was the local vicar in before you having his allegro mapped for economy?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  ha ha it's fucking shite.

Those curves are odd, sure they gave you the right printout, was the local vicar in before you having his allegro mapped for economy?
                  Tell me about it!

The figures don’t represent in any way how it drives. I don’t get it. The old boys only made 88bhp and only 30lbsft more than a non turbo. I can’t get my head around it lol. I may as well fit the ABL out of the camper.

#vanlife

Comment

ha ha it's fucking shite.

Harsh, very harsh but funny.

Comment

• Reg.
                      Have you got any info on the internal pump pressures?
                      Can you adjust the pump body pressures on these older AAB / AAF pumps?

I'm thonking thats a factor with his power issue (I'm sure there are others some being funnies too).

Can you recall the pump build components?

"the hammer mod is alive"

Comment

• nope
                        nope,
                        doubt it,
                        yeah. 12mm volvo? tdi? head, VW 2.5 tdi camplate, Vauxhall lda/lid and the rest VW 2.4

The only anomaly I can think of it some compatibility between the timing on the volvo pump head piston and the VW camplate - it would explain the smoke and lack of poke. I'd fit the VW head.

Or issue is elsewhere, compression or cam timing.

Comment

• Found this on YT

Erster Testlauf einer mTDI Einspritzpumpe für den 5-Zylinder VAG Diesel.
                          Hier auf dem "Versuchsmotor" - 2,4l AAB Saugdiesel.
                          Geplanter Einsatz auf einem 2,5 TDI AEL.
                          Technische Details: -
                          Basis: Rover 200 2,0 TD Einspritzpumpe -
                          Hochdruckteil und Hubscheibe vom 2,5l TDI ACV -
                          Innenleben zusätzlich aus Fiat Scudo Einspritzpumpe entnommen (z. T. starke Korrosionsschäden an den Bauteilen der Rover Pumpe) -
                          Mechanischer Absteller (Magnetventil nicht erforderlich) -
                          20 mm Antriebswelle -
                          11 mm Förderkolben

Förderbeginn beim Test: 0,95 vor OT (statisch eingestellt)

Comment

nope
                            nope,
                            doubt it,
                            yeah. 12mm volvo? tdi? head, VW 2.5 tdi camplate, Vauxhall lda/lid and the rest VW 2.4

The only anomaly I can think of it some compatibility between the timing on the volvo pump head piston and the VW camplate - it would explain the smoke and lack of poke. I'd fit the VW head.

Or issue is elsewhere, compression or cam timing.
                            Pump timing is identical.
                            Cam is identical.
                            Volvo IP head is also 11mm.
                            IP spindle speeds are different though , Volvo 2300 , T4 1750 .

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              Cam is identical.
                              IP spindle speeds are different though , Volvo 2300 , T4 1750 .
                              Cam identical - you 100% on that? What about the roller cage?

What's this IP spindle speed, what does it mean?

If there's no disparaity between the mix and match pump components then the issue is elsewhere on the engine.

Comment

Cam identical - you 100% on that? What about the roller cage?

What's this IP spindle speed, what does it mean?

If there's no disparaity between the mix and match pump components then the issue is elsewhere on the engine.
                                Yep. Cam part numbers are stamped along tbe shaft.

Roller cage is identical but will double check the parts breakdown to be sure on both pumps. There are differences though.

"the hammer mod is alive"

Comment

Working...
                                X