The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    K03 is smaller, both the turbine and the compressor.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
    Oh well then - should be a good crack. Went like stink this morning to work - proper stupid ass grin on my face.

Hardly any black smoke now compared to before too so it should last much much longer this time round.

I’m a bit fucked now tho as I’ve been bitten by the K16/k24 hybrid bug....... I’ll sort the top end fueling first whilst I’m running this turbo and then we’ll see but I’m sure the k16/24 will be on at some point next year.

This is a disease......

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Last edited by TommyP; 24 November 2020, 11:20 AM.
    #vanlife

Comment

• I few days on and about 300 miles and the turbo is still performing fantastically. I’ll
      Never buy a cheap shitty CHRA again.

Had these sexy little beasties turn up today: Thanks James! One for the front grill and one for the back door or dash. Not sure yet.

Reg got me thinking the other day about a dyno run to see what it’s putting out. I made a few enquiries with some local people and it’s booked in for next Tuesday. I was intrigued when Reg mentioned it but now I’ve booked I’m super excited. I’ll have a bit of a play about at the weekend and perhaps knock the boost up. I doubt it’ll make the target horsepower of 200 as the pump isn’t delivering at the top end where this figure peaks so I’m more interested in the torque which should be good. I reckon it should be good for at least 275lbsft of grunt. Either way it pulls very well low down.

I’ve already turned my attention to the pump with trying to source another 2.4d pump and I’ll get it back on the rollers after I’ve modified and fitted it. The speed shop that’s doing it is only about 10 mins or so from me and it’s just £40 a session so I have a feeling I’ll do loads of them now I’ve found them. I’ll get the ABL on it too after I’ve binned the shitty little toy hairdryer turbo for a golf VNT one.

#vanlife

Comment

• What ia that on the plate?
        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
          What ia that on the plate?
          It’s salmon, for size comparison.

#vanlife

Comment

• But how big's the salmon?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
              But how big's the salmon?
              The badges should help you size up the fish.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                Reg got me thinking the other day about a dyno run to see what it’s putting out. I made a few enquiries with some local people and it’s booked in for next Tuesday. I was intrigued when Reg mentioned it but now I’ve booked I’m super excited. I’ll have a bit of a play about at the weekend and perhaps knock the boost up. I doubt it’ll make the target horsepower of 200 as the pump isn’t delivering at the top end where this figure peaks so I’m more interested in the torque which should be good. I reckon it should be good for at least 275lbsft of grunt. Either way it pulls very well low down.
                Video required.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Video required.

Of course!

#vanlife

Comment

• Edit - random post error
                    Last edited by TommyP; 25 November 2020, 11:28 PM.
                    #vanlife

Comment

• It’ll get 2 runs and they’ll have my blessing to kick the living fuck out of it. Not that they’d need permission lol. That’s why it’s there.

Last edited by TommyP; 25 November 2020, 11:29 PM.
                      #vanlife

Comment

The badges should help you size up the fish.

I have to say well done for the logic. Its all clear now.
                        Was sustainably farmed Salmon?
                        Did it have a name?

Comment

I have to say well done for the logic. Its all clear now.
                          Was sustainably farmed Salmon?
                          Did it have a name?
                          Yes and Lily the Pink. Goes down well with a-drink a-drink a-drink.

#vanlife

Comment

Yes and Lily the Pink. Goes down well with a-drink a-drink a-drink.

Are we still talking about the Salmon?

Comment

Are we still talking about the Salmon?
                              Haha

#vanlife

Comment

• As discussed on whatsapp, here's some dyno print outs

Sausage 1.9 TDI - check out that low rpm torque, those are box smashing figures, it made it awkward to drive and he has since re-tuned it

Click image for larger version  Name:	dyno results - sausage.JPG Views:	0 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	315011

and my TDI running Volvo turbo, ebay cooler, stanadynes and Activ's map version 2

Click image for larger version  Name:	dyno results.JPG Views:	0 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	315012
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20201126_170943[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	794.6 KB ID:	315013

Last edited by regcheeseman; 26 November 2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X