The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
    Yep. In fact all this talk of welders has got me looking again.
    You won't regret it mate. It's a handy skill to have

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Hard wiring? Wtf? Were you looking at 3 phase or something? I’m only looking at plug in jobbies.

Had some of gaskets and stuff turn up today but no crank oil seals yet.

Also, I was surprised to get this way earlier than I thought I would:

Sent from a muppet
      Last edited by TommyP; 26 June 2020, 06:51 PM.
      #vanlife

Comment

• Biggest plug in Clarke is the 135 te turbo. I'm sure the 150 needs hard wired in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fife t4 View Post
          Biggest plug in Clarke is the 135 te turbo. I'm sure the 150 needs hard wired in.

My BIL has a 151TE Turbo and that plugs in?

Sent from a muppet
          #vanlife

Comment

• Just read the specs on that and your right enough

Comment

• Still looking into welders and Regs chinesium suggestion does look attractive. It would just need the gas hose, regulator and gas bottle. Furry muff.

Sent from a muppet
              #vanlife

Comment

• Got a reg here, the pipe is easily sorted and a no-rent bottle.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  Got a reg here, the pipe is easily sorted and a no-rent bottle.
                  Fuck it then, I’m into 2 bottles of cider and I’ll probably order it before the 5th.

Sent from a muppet
                  #vanlife

Comment

• Ordered welder. Can anyone recommend a decent mask? Seen a few on eBay for about £25 that are solar and auto dim. Are they any good?

Sent from a muppet
                    #vanlife

Comment

• What are your eyes like, might want to consider one that allows a cheater lens. I've reached that miserable stage in life.

I've got a Falcon YXE 500G because it was recommended by mig welding forum, I've a couple of others stashed in the garage. If you want, I'll send you one and a reg in exchange for the manifold.

If you want to splash out, get a parweld XR938

Comment

What are your eyes like, might want to consider one that allows a cheater lens. I've reached that miserable stage in life.

I've got a Falcon YXE 500G because it was recommended by mig welding forum, I've a couple of others stashed in the garage. If you want, I'll send you one and a reg in exchange for the manifold.

If you want to splash out, get a parweld XR938
                        My hearing is compete dogshit but my eyesight is fucking epic. Does that mean I don’t need a cheater lense?

So I won’t be able to hear that perfect welding “crackle” but I’ll see the blow holes with X-ray precision.

The manifold is free, I’m happy to pay for a mask + postage.

Sent from a muppet
                        #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

My hearing is compete dogshit but my eyesight is fucking epic. Does that mean I don’t need a cheater lense?

So I won’t be able to hear that perfect welding “crackle” but I’ll see the blow holes with X-ray precision.

The manifold is free, I’m happy to pay for a mask + postage.

Sent from a muppet
                          Probably don't need a cheater lens then ....I SAID "YOU PROBABLY DON'T NEED A CHEATER LENS"

We'll sort something out

Comment

Probably don't need a cheater lens then ....I SAID "YOU PROBABLY DON'T NEED A CHEATER LENS"

We'll sort something out
                            You’re welcome Reg. Rob, what did he say?

Sent from a muppet
                            #vanlife

Comment

• Bloody hell Tommy. You’re spending some serious cash on this. Can’t wait to see the end result.
                              Its got me all fired up now...found myself searching for a 2.5 engine now..!! What’s happening to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
                                Bloody hell Tommy. You’re spending some serious cash on this. Can’t wait to see the end result.
                                Its got me all fired up now...found myself searching for a 2.5 engine now..!! What’s happening to me.
                                eBay should come with a breathalyser.

Sent from a muppet
                                #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X