The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post
    Was Karen the name of your first Lover by any chance Tommy?
    WHAT DOES KAREN MEAN?

Karen is a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people’s behaviours.

As featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being an anti-vaxx, Generation X, Soccer Mum.

In 2020, Karen spread as a label used to call out white women who were captured in viral videos engaging in what are widely seen as racist acts.

Comment

• Whipped this out yesterday afternoon. 2.5 hours from pushing it in. It’s been in and out so many times it isn’t skill on my part just freed nuts and bolts and repetition……

I can’t see any sign of the slave cylinder having failed at all but the 12 month old LUK clutch is almost work down to the rivets. Got an organic one to go in this time. Got a job on this morning but will get it back in later.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• Glad to see some on here making progress, we're snow bound in the shire so thats buggered my chances for the day. I hear theres work continuing in Doncaster and Telford,

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          Glad to see some on here making progress, we're snow bound in the shire so thats buggered my chances for the day. I hear theres work continuing in Doncaster and Telford,
          Nothing progressed today as I was out working…….only a light dusting of snow here. Now I’ve pretty much finished my garage and workshop on the side of the house I’m pretty well sorted for working on stuff in the dry and out of the elements and extreme cold. I have had engines out whilst there’s been snow on the ground and falling and I ain’t ever doing that shit again.

#vanlife

Comment

• Likewise, I cut fire wood and cooked dinner, whilst missus made pierogi for Christmas and baked some nougat biscuits, my favorite

Comment

• Guys. Got. Snow. Down here in Essex. Started about. 6 30 as forecast. And the roads are covered. Mind it won't stop me in the recovery lorry. Probably be well busy with this on the ground. Another good point is my dogs love this white stuff. Huskys were made for it

Comment

• Well this is less than ideal…..: I’ve nipped this down quite a few times and it’s always been fine but this time it snapped the cam cap……. Now as these are line bored, technically the head is scrap….. I’ve got spare caps here off old heads so I’ll try one but I’m not holding my breath. Worst case I’ll leave it as is and see how long it takes me to blow the top end of the motor. I’ve got a spare head on the shelf that I’ll get ready to fit just in case.

New organic clutch disc: The one that came out is almost down to the rivets and it’s a quality one and only 12 months old….

I also found out why I’ve been struggling to sort the rocker cover oil leak……
                I’m amazed I haven’t ever noticed this before, what an absolute prick. I’ve blathered it in sealant for now but I’ll need to weld it up or get another one but as it’s the Volvo Rocker they’re not as easy to get hold of as T4 ones.

#vanlife

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	T4DTICamCap2.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	349710

My commiserations Tommy, and I know how you must feel, but you can't have caught it from me, unless the bug is able to pass down a telephone line?

BTW, I don't recall seeing that third bolt in the middle of a 2.4D end cap, so is it unique to the five pot TDI?

Maybe try applying some Engineers Blue to your collection of end caps to find the best fitting one?

That alloy cambox cover should weld up fine - so much nicer than the VW steel one.

I've always wondered how the oil supply feeds the camshaft bearing caps? Where are the oilways?

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                    Guys. Got. Snow. Down here in Essex. Started about. 6 30 as forecast. And the roads are covered. Mind it won't stop me in the recovery lorry. Probably be well busy with this on the ground. Another good point is my dogs love this white stuff. Huskys were made for it
                    Time to go mushing then HM?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	T4DTICamCap2.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	349710

My commiserations Tommy, and I know how you must feel, but you can't have caught it from me, unless the bug is able to pass down a telephone line?

BTW, I don't recall seeing that third bolt in the middle of a 2.4D end cap, so is it unique to the five pot TDI?

Maybe try applying some Engineers Blue to your collection of end caps to find the best fitting one?

That alloy cambox cover should weld up fine - so much nicer than the VW steel one.

I've always wondered how the oil supply feeds the camshaft bearing caps? Where are the oilways?
                      I’m not really that bothered, got more than just this van to think about so it’s not consuming me. It’s got 2 choices, I’ll wheelspin off the drive with the rev counter needle bent round the upper 5000rpm stop when it’s all back together and see which option it wants to go for. I won’t be treating it with kid gloves.

Third bolt? As in one through the cap then through the cam and into the head? Hahaha!

The oil feed to the cam caps is from the lower seat for the cam in the head.

#vanlife

Comment

• I know their lined bored but i've gotten away with using a cap from an old head in the past. Swap the cap, it be fine.

Comment

• So the bug wont pass down the phone but should i put my DTI in the Autoclave i used to use while tattooing?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            So the bug wont pass down the phone but should i put my DTI in the Autoclave i used to use while tattooing?
                            A sustained whiff of hot goat breath should suffice Si - but do get up close, and remember to simultaneously squeeze those Pearls

Comment

• Jim. The white stuff is almost gone now. Did not last that long at all

Comment

• Work vans done, had a few minor issue but it seems to be fine now. Can’t quite work out if the clutch is perfect or not. Might have a teenie tiny bit of air in it but that’ll escape on its own eventually as its working almost perfectly. I’ve ordered a master just in case.

So despite the bellhousing looking clean which made me doubt whether the slave had failed, it’s working now when it didn’t before so that’s that. Also and more worrying, a local mate of mine that also works on these vans had his own vans concentric slave fail. He did an auto to manual conversion at exactly the same time as me and he estimates the vans only done around 2000 miles since the new one was fitted. So that’s mine and his with premature LUK CSC failures. He replaces his with a blueprint one and remarked on how much better the blueprint one looked. I don’t think I’ll be fitting another LUK internal slave cylinder. Just a shame that’s what I put in mine……

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X