No announcement yet.

The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pahahahaha.... What the chuff would you know about numbers beyond the digits on your hands and feet? That white shitbox is pulling enough air to satisfy even your desire for oxygen.

As you're well aware, anyone who's trying to "work", move the job on, shut out your gibberish or simply been in your company, eventually - say just after 10 minutes - tells you to fuck off. It's a given.

Comment

• I'm wondering whether the word retarded brings on some teenage autoresponse to shutdown and babble incessantly?

Comment

• I know you are but what am I?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

• Fully retarded?

Comment

• This shitheap passed its MOT with flying soot today.

Wants 2 front tyres which I already know and a CV boot is getting iffy. Other than that the brakes are Bob on and balanced, the body is good and everything works that needs too. It didn’t until this week but a mad rush got it sorted.

#vanlife

Comment

• Mot tester wearing his helium filled shoes again?

Comment

• A other year, happy days Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  Mot tester wearing his helium filled shoes again?
                  40 quid sellotaped to the undertray.
                  Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Nope. I’d rather know what it needs that I may have missed. I’ve never seen the point of dodgy MOT’s.

#vanlife

Comment

• Dead right. Some people think its clever or edgey to have a dodgey test or know a tester that bends the rules. Thinks its makes them some sort a geezer. Not so clever when a worn part breaks and they wipe theirs or some one elses family out in a crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        Dead right. Some people think its clever or edgey to have a dodgey test or know a tester that bends the rules. Thinks its makes them some sort a geezer. Not so clever when a worn part breaks and they wipe theirs or some one elses family out in a crash.
                        Nope, it makes them a **** for the exact reasons you stated.

#vanlife

Comment

• How were the MOT emissions TP?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            How were the MOT emissions TP?
                            They sounded glorious!

No boost when free revving so no smoke.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                              Nope. I’d rather know what it needs that I may have missed. I’ve never seen the point of dodgy MOT’s.

Spot on Tommy.

With better visibility up on the ramps, brake testing equipment, and their vast experience, you can't beat a long list of advisories to optimise the likelihood of a more trouble free year ahead, as well as a following year's Pass to boot.

If I don't get any, I always tell them that they are not trying hard enough, and I do like to get value for my money. Otherwise I might as well bury my head in the sand, and lurch from untimely crisis to crisis on top of the ones that inevitably come anyway?

What I'm after is that elusive reliability and a degree of control, even though fortunately I possess a Bus Pass as a substitute for the second vehicle that most here appear to own?

Thank goodness BoJo and Co didn't follow through with the idea of a two year MOT cycle, as is the case in France with their tough biannual Contrôle Technique. Oddly, their is no mandatory testing of motorcycles there, which seems ridiculous?

As the Vicar said to the Verger, "A long one please, and the stiffer the better"

Comment

• Just been spurred into thinking about Boudicca spikes for the work vans wheels. Has anyone fitted any and if so, where did you get them from?

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X