No announcement yet.

Doka Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure spoke to him on the phone last year. Call their selves The T4shop. I'll Pm you his number. Seemed a nice bloke and didn't sound clueless.
    Last edited by S49; 21 July 2020, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Theres been some sliding rear windows on Fleabay for yonks. Do they fit the four door models? Wondered about making a cheeky offer or will I be adding another water trap?

Comment

Hi si. I see an orange doka for sale on ebay yesterday. Looks good. Have a look might give you some ideas

Comment

Does anyone know the engine code for the 2.5 petrol?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Does anyone know the engine code for the 2.5 petrol?
            Its AAF Si.

Comment

Ahh found it in the cambelt book, theres a few others in there auto and manual i guess

Comment

Does anyone know if the offside engine mounting point on the chassis leg is the same on the 1.9td and the 2.4d? Been pondering how to power the truck and think it would be rude not to use the AEB(1.8t)

Comment

Sorry Si I don't buddy.

Comment

When it was going in S49 i had everything to bolt it straight in. But keeping the white van whole i'll need an ABL front engine mount,alternator bracket and a flywheel but at least the plan is forming now.Having not been over to dads for a fortnight i havent been able to compare the 1.9 and 2,4's righthand inner wing but i suspect they will be the same

Comment

Hi. Si. Should be the Same at the top. Don't know if the g box mount will be the same

Comment

Sorry si don't know about the other side

How is mol getting on. Hope she is OK

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                          Sorry si don't know about the other side

How is mol getting on. Hope she is OK
                          Sore but doing well mate.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                            Hi. Si. Should be the Same at the top. Don't know if the g box mount will be the same
                            Gearbox end not a problem Paul as the 1.8 will mate to the 2.4 box so that ends fine.

Comment

Does anyone know if the offside engine mounting point on the chassis leg is the same on the 1.9td and the 2.4d? Been pondering how to power the truck and think it would be rude not to use the AEB(1.8t)
                              If memory serves, the mounts are the same on all the diesels so that shouldn’t be a problem. It’s the mounts on the engine side that differ.

The problem is this, why fit a 1.8 petrol to a truck? Just seems so wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                              #vanlife

Comment

Gearbox end not a problem Paul as the 1.8 will mate to the 2.4 box so that ends fine.
                                I bet the gearing and drive will feel decent too as the 2.4 boxes are insanely short geared so the higher revving of petrol combined with that should make for a respectable bolt up option.

But don’t take that as me condoning the use of a petrol in what should be a filthy Smokey smelly truck. Ideally, you should be shoe horning a 6bt under the bonnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                                #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X