X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i could mount the 1.8t airbox where the battery was

Comment

• Surely only one or two are need?
      The battery will be smaller in size too, swapping for a Li-Ion type you could keep both under the hood too.
      Or dump the airbox style of intake?

Comment

• Think the battery can stay where it is. As well as the airbox having the air mass metre in it , it has the ignition amplifier on top with the heat sink through a hole into the box. To cool it i assume.Air enters the turbo from the right of the vehicle so box can fit where the T4 one goes.Then hopefully pipe the boost round the front of the motor to the cooler then out the cooler on the left and into the BAM manifold and its job done.

Comment

• Reg, what would you recommend is best for when i come to "loom up" my wiring? I assume i need something better than standard insulation tape.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Reg, what would you recommend is best for when i come to "loom up" my wiring? I assume i need something better than standard insulation tape.
            Anyone.............................

Comment

• Type
              Originally posted by S49 View Post

Anyone.............................
              Type car electrical tape in ebay mate. Loads of various lengths and widths, fire retardant

Example link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353345048649

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Cheers, i'll have a scan at those later

Comment

• I've got a few lengths of Mil grade black expandable cable sleeving you can have Si. About 10m iirc. You'll need electrical tape to secure both ends when its fitted. I'll post a pic later and can post it in the week.

Comment

• Nice one Rob, cheers.

Comment

• Found a link for it on an old roll.
                      The stuff I've got is expandable cable sleeving 12mm, about 25-30mm expanded
                      You push it together or use a suitable sized tube to feed it over then drop your cabling/plug through.
                      Its pretty fast to sleeve existing cabling runs subject to the plug sizes!

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/cable-sleeves/0408283/

Other useful options / sources if only for reference.

RS Cable Sleeves
                      https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/cable...cable-sleeves/
                      RS Cable Accessories Ties & Tools Section
                      https://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/cable...es-ties-tools/

Comment

• Will a late N reg (95/96)have an OBD port? With the thing stripped i cant recall seeing the plug in the dashless vehicle. I thought i could join the engines to it giving one port to talk to and one port for my emulator rather than hard wire it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Will a late N reg (95/96)have an OBD port? With the thing stripped i cant recall seeing the plug in the dashless vehicle. I thought i could join the engines to it giving one port to talk to and one port for my emulator rather than hard wire it in.
                          Borderline was '96 Si.

Comment

• Think its Jan or Feb. I could make my own plug for the immob emulator now i know whats involved and its not all magic star dust

Comment

• No its 13/6/1996

Comment

• I got a n reg 96 and no port

Sent from my SM-G900F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X