No announcement yet.

Doka Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not a truck its my forever car. Pretty sure the mount on the offside inner wing should take the ABL mount, which bolts straight onto the AEB block.How strong is the 2.4 box? The motor will be standard bout 160bhp from memory.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
      Its not a truck its my forever car. Pretty sure the mount on the offside inner wing should take the ABL mount, which bolts straight onto the AEB block.How strong is the 2.4 box? The motor will be standard bout 160bhp from memory.
      Wouldn't d-9 be able to assist Si.

Comment

I'm sure he'll get a grilling at some point. Lighter nights cant come quick enough.

Comment

I was thinking about this (got gearboxes on my mind at the mo) the gearing will be worse than shit mate. Pull the gearbox code off the box and post it up. I will post the gearing up for you.
          Look for another box would be my advice. EWB is the best 02B unit, then change the 5th, although the 0.7 5th might suit your area.

Comment

I'll dig it out and post it up , ta.

Comment

Hi. Si. How is mol. Hape she getting on well

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                Hi. Si. How is mol. Hape she getting on well
                Took her out in the blue bus today,over to Skiddyminster to see Amy and the nipper, cheered her up no end.

Comment

That's good. Glad to hear she on the mend

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post

I bet the gearing and drive will feel decent too as the 2.4 boxes are insanely short geared so the higher revving of petrol combined with that should make for a respectable bolt up option.

But don’t take that as me condoning the use of a petrol in what should be a filthy Smokey smelly truck. Ideally, you should be shoe horning a 6bt under the bonnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                    I'd somehow missed this post. Thoughts gearbox wise Rob.I've limited experience of how the different boxes are ratio wise so am all ears. Its the late 90's since i drove a 2.4d (dads, never thought it was that bad) The 2 litre petrol is lovely on the road and never feels like you are holding up traffic like sometimes in the 1.9td quick as it is.Dont think the 2 litre is any faster than the 1.9 its just the feel.Seems like a test is in order at Santa Pod.Greeny?

Comment

Oh, whats a 6bt?

Comment

What vehicle did your AEB engine come out of Si. Audi A4??
                        Do a comparison between AEBs' and the DOKAs'? Need the code though.

Then compare an EWB 02B gearbox to it?
                        It'll be a starting point at least?

Comment

A6 Rob, should be able to have a look in the week.Its been dry today, Mol feeling well think i've missed a trick not popping over, Could have got the info and been a few hours nearer to getting S49 back on the road. Its been too long.

Comment

A6 Rob, should be able to have a look in the week.Its been dry today, Mol feeling well think i've missed a trick not popping over, Could have got the info and been a few hours nearer to getting S49 back on the road. Its been too long.
                            Do you know the year of the A6 Si?

Comment

R reg Rob,

Comment

R reg Rob,
                                Here you go AEB : DHW , Gearbox vs 02B : EWB -
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	S49_DOKA:EWB vs AEB:DHW.png
Views:	214
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	316551