• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activ8
    replied
    Originally posted by huskyman View Post
    Tommy. I have a set of front brakes off of a sharan 300mm up fo grabs
    HM can you bung For Sale items in the appropriate section bud?
    It'll help to sell the items you have and declutter build threads. Ta.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• huskyman
    replied
    Tommy. I have a set of front brakes off of a sharan 300mm up fo grabs

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    You could fit a paddle type clutch plate. Sachs sell a 228mm 4 paddle but there's a 6 paddle available.

I like the idea of relining. I was advised similar with an SMF setup. Knowing the materials and surface areas, the clutch forces can be calculated easy enough. A twin plate with an SMF could also be fitted.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    I’m told the Sachs VR6 clutch pressure plate can’t be uprated as it’s at the max already for the size but I’m having an organic lining and slightly bigger too. I can safely add 2mm to the OD to make it a 230mm and the inside will take another 5-6mm. That’s a decent increase and with the better material it should be fairly decent. Both the fly and pressure plate will take the extra material as, like brake discs, they are bigger than the standard linings anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

What pressure? He only works 3 hours a day. Mind, you don't want to know what he gets up to the reat of the day.
    Pressure.......pfffffft!
    Hahahaha! Twat.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Originally posted by huskyman View Post
    Hi. Tommy. Why all the agg. My 2.5. Goes well as it is without all that messing around. Not suppose to be a race machine with 300 horses
    It’s a personal thing, some people are more than happy with them in standard form. I’m not, I think that they’re dogshit. If I want to pull out into a tight gap on an uphill section of dual carriageway or crawler lane with a trailer and digger on and add 10-20mph to match the speed of that lane then I can. In a standard van, you can’t. I’ve tried and no, they’re just not up to it. There’s a huge tuning scene for these vans so I’m fairly confident I’m right when I say, others find them dogshit too.

It’s a shame I never got the mtdi back on the rollers in its outgoing form as it was very torquey compared to the dynoed pump of that time at a shitty and pathetic 113bhp and the same torque as a 102 Tdi.

Leave a comment:

• frenchdna
    replied
    Ha, ha. Ha....!!!

Leave a comment:

• arfur fox-acre
    replied
    Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
    Wow Tommy.!!! You know how to put yourself under pressure. Lol
    What pressure? He only works 3 hours a day. Mind, you don't want to know what he gets up to the reat of the day.
    Pressure.......pfffffft!

Leave a comment:

• frenchdna
    replied
    Wow Tommy.!!! You know how to put yourself under pressure. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    Pity it didnt make it for a 2nd dyno run to peg it's success. Hats off to you TP on all levels.

Did you get to the bottom of your gearbox issue? Had it grenaded the lay shaft bearing and housing similar to Regs'?

Leave a comment:

• huskyman
    replied
    Hi. Tommy. Why all the agg. My 2.5. Goes well as it is without all that messing around. Not suppose to be a race machine with 300 horses

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    What the ......
    Are you down grading the engine again TP, what's next, a smokeless coke hopper and mods?

I’ll be man enough to admit that I’m fitting an ECU……..

The mTdi’s heart has thumped its last beat.

Going to stick a tweaked Volvo map on it and set it around 20psi for a start. Should thump. The torque of the mTdi was pretty epic (unless you’re a gearbox attached to it) but with an ECU it’ll improve further. Especially with the big boy turbo that’s on it.

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    What the ......
    Are you down grading the engine again TP, what's next, a smokeless coke hopper and mods?

Last edited by Activ8; 8 November 2021, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Here we go again:

I’ve got a fair bit to do to the engine and stuff whilst it’s out so it’ll be off the road for a few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• arfur fox-acre
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5qvn0i.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	332683

Don't even think about asking Ron for them, he is as sociable as ol' man Cheesman.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X