• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
    Pm'd you mate

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s
    Did you get my message ok?

Comment

• How easy is it to take the dash out. Is it something I could do?

Comment

• Yes. Its easy.
        Discovering all the fixings is simply T4 joy.

Comment

• I'll check the Haynes

Comment

• If I make it to the shed this week I'll post a pic of a bare dash carcus and its screw fittings.

Comment

• Can't quote to you activ8 but that would be spot on.

Comment

• If you can do what you've already done to the van getting the dash out will be a doddle. Haynes are usually good for this sort a thing.

Comment

• Did a little more this weekend. First task was to travel along to the coast to meet up with 'No sliders' on Saturday morning. He had a few bits and bobs he wanted shot of and I was happy to take them off his hands at a very good price. No scene tax at all! Nice bloke to. Nattered about t4s and golfs for a bit then hit the road.
                  I even treated Michelle to a McDonald's breakfast. I say treat because for her it is....I've boycotted McDonald's for about 5 months because previously they refused to serve me breakfast. even though I began giving my order at 10.59. I told them to ram it and went to Greggs. Who wants a burger in the morning?
                  Back to the van I cleaned out the back and welded in any wee patches of floor I had to do. I've still a lot of welds to flatten back but the floor is like 95% now.
                  We overslept this morning and didn't get to the van until lunch time so didn't get much done. First job was to remove the furry adhesive leftover from the insulation. Scraped most off with a plastic scraper. I'll go over it with steel wool next then I cleaned up the cab area. Sunbathed between coats of hydrate 80 and primer
                  I'll have to look in to front seats. Mine are illegal
                  I fancy captain's seats but going by eBay prices, so does everyone else.
                  There aren't many t4 front seats of any description on eBay or gumtree to choose from at all.
                  I know the likes of TT, can be retrofitted in. Is this a big job? Can any other seats be retrofitted like caddy or Golf etc?

Comment

• Seats from a TT are easy , take off your seats from bases, 4 bolt's, plop the tt seats on if the bolt holes dont match then drill and nut and bolt them in. Seat belt stalks from tt match up with t4.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• No Sliders meets a man with two sliders. Its ying yang karma or something. Floors looking much more together.

Comment

I even treated Michelle to a McDonald's breakfast. I say treat because for her it is....I've boycotted McDonald's for about 5 months because previously they refused to serve me breakfast. even though I began giving my order at 10.59. I told them to ram it .

There aren't many t4 front seats of any description on eBay or gumtree to choose from at all.
                        I know the likes of TT, can be retrofitted in. Is this a big job? Can any other seats be retrofitted like caddy or Golf etc?

I don’t do McDonald’s , very salty horrible shit .

I’ve seen Audi TT , Audi A3 S line , Alfa Romeo , Mini and Saab Seats fitted to a T4 , I’m sure there’s many other options too.

Comment

How easy is it to take the dash out. Is it something I could do?

Me and Jono got the campers dash out in 40 minutes:

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          #vanlife

Comment

I'll check the Haynes

Yep, that’s how we did it, just one random one in the engine bay. Very very easy job

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                            #vanlife

Comment

• Good to meet you bud, and put a face to the name.

I killed my table saw later that afternoon. Luckily found another up for sale half an hour away, so some of that cash went in one hand and straight out the other all in the space of a day.
                              Back up and running again Sunday morning.

Comment

• Managed to grab a few hours at the van tonight. I started by taking the drivers wing off in hopeful preparation for my panels getting delivered by the weekend. It says between 9th&11th so surely. Had about the amount of rust I was expecting with it being my van gonna need to patch and replace bits. and probably re do a 'repair' that bit glass wool/insulation stuff has been burned so there's been a fire or its from welding something. I tried the wing in dry I got as part of my 'bundle' from No sliders. Seems to be a decent enough fit for Chinesium.
                                I think my van might've been red at some point?? I've seen this underneath the white about everywhere I've been working so far. And also, it's been some kinda conversion long ago Dinky managed to get the van started tonight to. He had to hit the starter motor with a hammer, but he got it to go so I'm happy. I'll price up a new starter. First time it's went since I parked it up a year and half ago. He's gonna flush the coolant etc and and look into the oil cooler problem. I hope it's just the oil cooler anyway. Looking forward to the weekend.

I just found Trimtruk seem to still be trading so might be worth giving them a shout if they have any history/pics

Last edited by fifet4; 8 June 2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X