The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Davieb View Post

Could always weld one shut mate....you've welded every other bloody thing ...lol
    Haha aye that's true. And I'm still not even halfway in :/

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Just T4s

Comment

• Done a little more yesterday. Got the outer arch welded in. I did about 1.5 inch bursts to try avoid distortion.
      I know you don't have to weld the sides and only need to seam seal them but I'd rather weld all the way round.

Then flattened back with a flappy disc. I tried to take as much time as possible to again avoid distortion. It'll still need a wee skim of filler though.
      Hopefully back at it today. Try and get floor finished up.

Comment

• With any job like that you'll always need a bit of filler. But its taking shape mate.

Comment

• Weather was pish today so did a couple of wee repairs to the tub inside.

Comment

• What are the two bolts for in the arch on the last 2 pictures?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
              What are the two bolts for in the arch on the last 2 pictures?
              No idea Si. They are on same place on other side to. Not bolted to anything inside the tub. It's a strange 1.I thought maybe the original seat?

Comment

• if its a velle they'd be bolted to the floor. With mushroom bolt i spect.

Comment

• Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
                  Weather was pish today so did a couple of wee repairs to the tub inside.

Are you still using the gasless mig mate or did you upgrade
                  Think I need some welding lessons, keep blowin holes in the plate
                  Welder on lowest setting n lowerin the wire speed, mibbe my cheap ass welder...lol
                  some before & afters​​​​​​​
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• No mate I've been on a gas mig for ages now. Clarke 35 te I think. I like it. The bilt hamber is good stuff. My whole white van will be bilt hamber black by the end the amount I'm putting on. It goes a long way though.

Comment

• What size wire? Should be 0.6

Your gap around your patch is too big as well. That will blow holes

Use more heat, move quickly and use and on/off technique is the heat build up is too much to run a continuous bead.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        What size wire? Should be 0.6

Your gap around your patch is too big as well. That will blow holes

Use more heat, move quickly and use and on/off technique is the heat build up is too much to run a continuous bead.
                        Yes it's 0.6 Reg. The gap was too big....I did blow holes....but I'm getting a dab hand at filling those holes with weld now.
                        I'm using the on off technique. My welder has 4 settings. 1+2, and max+min. I weld on 1max usually. But if I'm blowing holes I'll turn it down to 1min. Wire speed is 1-10 I have it about 6.

Comment

Yes it's 0.6 Reg. The gap was too big....I did blow holes....but I'm getting a dab hand at filling those holes with weld now.
                          I'm using the on off technique. My welder has 4 settings. 1+2, and max+min. I weld on 1max usually. But if I'm blowing holes I'll turn it down to 1min. Wire speed is 1-10 I have it about 6.

Hahahaha yes! I think that’s one of the most important early techniques i mastered that - filling the holes I’ve blown through. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Hahahaha yes! I think that’s one of the most important early techniques i mastered that - filling the holes I’ve blown through. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                            Ohhhh, where to start with this one?......
                            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Ohhhh, where to start with this one?......
                              Hahaha

Comment

My welder has 4 settings. 1+2, and max+min. I weld on 1max usually. But if I'm blowing holes I'll turn it down to 1min.
                                Some of these welders have weird configurations for the power settings, you might find that 2 min is in between 1 min and 1max

Comment

Working...
                                X