No announcement yet.

The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. Fife. Is yours early or late.. I put a late wing on my early van. Just had to make a couple of brackets for the door section. And had the vent on the wing. Managed to get the panel gaps right aswell. All good

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
      Hi. Fife. Is yours early or late.. I put a late wing on my early van. Just had to make a couple of brackets for the door section. And had the vent on the wing. Managed to get the panel gaps right aswell. All good
      Nice 1 huskyman. Mine is early so It's handy to know I could use a late wing. I do like the vented look but I also like the solid looking early wing as well.

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Spent another couple of hours at the van tonight. My mate dinky my mechanic was with me. Ive tasked him with getting it running again. With help from me where I can. Oil in the coolant bottle. But after previous conversation with Tommyp it might not be the cylinder head. While dink was messing about with the engine I got the seats out and rubber floor up. The rubber floor was badly cracked and holey. I expected worse. It was pretty soaking under the rubber. Worst bit of rust is arches under fuse area. . Also my seats are clearly some shitty aftermarket things but they've bent the rails to fit t4 bases and each side rail only held on to bases with 2x 10mm bolts. Surely that's a mot fail?

Comment

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
          Found the passenger side wing but still can't find the drivers side.

I've got a front offside wing (no vents) - no longer needed.
          Was supposed to go on my early T4 before it was too far gone and replaced, and has been kicking around since. Think it's ok, it's still in the card anyway and has been dry stored - yours if you want it?

You've lucked out because I'm even driving through Fife tomorrow on my way to Glenrothes. Depending on whereabouts you are I could possibly swing by if you're about?

Comment

• Originally posted by No Sliders View Post

I've got a front offside wing (no vents) - no longer needed.
            Was supposed to go on my early T4 before it was too far gone and replaced, and has been kicking around since. Think it's ok, it's still in the card anyway and has been dry stored - yours if you want it?

You've lucked out because I'm even driving through Fife tomorrow on my way to Glenrothes. Depending on whereabouts you are I could possibly swing by if you're about?
            Bummer! I'd gladly take the wing but I'm away to work very early am. Where do you live? I've probably asked before.

Comment

Bummer! I'd gladly take the wing but I'm away to work very early am. Where do you live? I've probably asked before.

No probs, I'm over on the east coast. I may be heading to Glenrothes again on Saturday if that helps, dunno yet? If I am, I'll give you a shout.
              If push comes to shove I can always post out. I think the wing is made by Klokkerholm? I'll double check in the morning that it's actually still in good nick.

Comment

No probs, I'm over on the east coast. I may be heading to Glenrothes again on Saturday if that helps, dunno yet? If I am, I'll give you a shout.
                If push comes to shove I can always post out. I think the wing is made by Klokkerholm? I'll double check in the morning that it's actually still in good nick.
                I would take the run out in the car if I need to no problems. Glenrothes on Saturday is very doable for me. My van is outside Leslie.

Comment

My van is outside Leslie.

Thank goodness its not inside Leslie, I doubt she would like that at all.
                  Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Thank goodness its not inside Leslie, I doubt she would like that at all.
                    Leslie has been known to take all sorts and I’m not talking about the liquorice type .

Comment

Pm'd you mate

Comment

• Be wary of pulling the cylinder head until you've tried by passing the oil cooler on the air filter housing.Was going to edit but TommyP beat me to it . Oil not air.
                        Last edited by S49; 2 June 2021, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Be wary of pulling the cylinder head until you've tried by passing the oil cooler on the air filter housing.
                          The air filter housing also cools the oil? Every day is a school day.

But a valid point indeed sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          #vanlife

Comment

• Come on Tommy your not that dull. Typo should have read oil filter.

Comment

Come on Tommy your not that dull. Typo should have read oil filter.
                              Hahaha I know mate. Just taking the piss

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                              #vanlife

Comment

Be wary of pulling the cylinder head until you've tried by passing the oil cooler on the air filter housing.Was going to edit but TommyP beat me to it . Oil not air.
                                Yes mate. Was the oil cooler me and Tommy had previously discussed it could be

Comment

Working...
                                X