X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys. Why would they make such an awful wheel. Not for me

Comment

Originally posted by burridge01 View Post
      Don't know why but I really fancy these alloys.

I know I said steels but finding a good set of Vito 17's is proving a challenge. I'll chew on it for a week or 2 before I give me head a wobble and buy em
      I like'em.

Comment

Most type 2's do not rely on the bumper to support the spare wheel.It will also have a plate insde the door as reinforcement.

I owned my T2 for 30 years, and I assure you that those who knew fitted them so that the bumper supported their weight. The supplier warned of the necessity in the day, but of course many owners didn't know.

Just Campers advise:

"Product Description
        This heavy duty wheel mount helps spread the weight of your spare wheel on to your van's front bumper. Supplied with mounting bolts, it is easily fitted and requires only the front panel and bumper to be drilled.

Spare wheel mount kit designed to fit the VW T2 1972-1979 late models fitted with the square-type bumper and 5 x 112 stud pattern wheels Made in the UK for Just Kampers."

https://www.justkampers.com/spare-wh...1972-1979.html

Fitting one to the rear door of a T4 is surely placing a lot of weight and leverage onto the door hinges, and onto the door pillar, particularly when opened, and presumably why VW went to great lengths designing a suitable rear carrier and strengthening parts:

Click image for larger version

Name:	T4CarrierRear.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	352459

Comment

The original syncro carrier would be fitted on the right side, the on on the red van isn't a vw holder.
          And the hinges are strong enough bcos vw been selling bike carries for the barn door for up to 35kg and taill gates for up to 60kg.
          The ones i found for the t6 but I doubt they are better build than a t4.
          I got a land Rover bracket on the tail gate since 2019 and no problem

Comment

Hans,I did look at the LandRover bracket but I thought it might stick out to far.Don't spose you've got a side shot with a wheel mounted . I'm more curious than anything else as me van is being done on a budget(apart from the wheels,maybe) I reckon I'll be using the Empi holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              I like'em.
              I absolutely love these style of military type wheels or any bead lock types. I would consider some for the camper and a lift one day. The missus always wanted a swamper anywayā€¦

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
              #vanlife

Comment

Seems to be the way the van is heading.Will wait to see what to do about the height when I finally choose wheels but I'm slowly talking meself into them.One of the few good things not being at work is the ability to trawl the Internet for deals.
                As an aside,what's the story raising the front of the van a little.Probably wont do it but interested all the same.

Comment

They're a great price too, (8Jx17's) and there's a few in the BlackCrow range I could opt for to avoid copying another fellow forumer and the start of a "Scene" trend.

Great find ....

Comment

I came across this VW Bulletin link, which covers (amongst other matters) loading of the rear door(s), Pages 2&3:

https://just-t4s.co.uk/downloads/t4-...lations_02.pdf

Comment

Don't know why but I really fancy these alloys.

I know I said steels but finding a good set of Vito 17's is proving a challenge. I'll chew on it for a week or 2 before I give me head a wobble and buy em
                      They look like Lego wheels, I like them a lot.
                      Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Guys. They are awfull wheels

Comment

I'm with Paul there. Lego aaaahhhhhh my boy likes Lego and the "lad" at work. Ones 38 and ones 28, fuck a duck i got fed up a Lego when i was 9.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                            Guys. They are awfull wheels
                            When ive got them fitted I'll park out side your house so you can admire them everyday,you'll soon warm to them.

Comment

Don't think so. They are ugly

Comment

Yeah,you keep saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X