X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean,why would you.

May as well put it all in 1 place.
    The van as it is

As I have said before,it's cosmetically challenged with the previous owner(s) spending more time/effort/money doing shit things to it than easy things.The lower part of the body is wrapped and the upper red is hand sprayed undercoat.There were silly VW stickers all over it(some still remain and will be off soon)
    I'm not knocking the van,I knew was I was buying and knew I'd put me own stamp on it.This won't be a show winner and won't be done in a hurry.I'm going to see how cheap i can do it and turn out a half decent result.This will be my 3rd van I've done so I have some experience of things and how I want it.It will need to earn its living as well as take us away pulling a trailer.

It had some sort of central locking system fitted,complete wank and gone.Have changed the front seats and had the drivers base lowered,much better for me at 6"3.Pulled the rear floor out that was secured by screwfix.com and plugged all the holes.I bought a new floor last year for it and today popped into selco for the batons,got a load of off cuts for nothing, result.Will mock it all up before final fix.

That's it for now,cheers.

This van has had an odd twat own it in the past.Looked closer at the wheels today,thinking the white dots were paint,mistake.Some idiot has drilled through the wheels in line with the bolts and put rivits in then painted them.Why the feck would you do that.Now on the look out for 4 steels

These are the newer seats,lower drivers and got meself a manual, sure it will come in handy.

Comment

Those rivets fitted to your wheels are most unusual , but if safety isn't compromised, why replace them? Save the money and maybe also buy a Haynes?

That Brooklands manual is good, but lacks the comprehensive index that the Haynes has. I reckon that they complement one another well in terms of content, rather like extra mature cheddar cheese and spring onions do. A recommended pairing in fact.

Comment

Sorry Jim, they are going.Dare say I'll get the Haynes aswell

Comment

It was probably a garage that had misplaced the wheel bolts and riveted the wheels to the discs instead. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
          #vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by burridge01 View Post
            Sorry Jim, they are going.Dare say I'll get the Haynes aswell
            A blob of weld in each rivet hole BR?

The Haynes includes loads of useful photo's and oil capacities etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Jim24 View Post

A blob of weld in each rivet hole BR?

The Haynes includes loads of useful photo's and oil capacities etc etc
              Nah, they’re 15’s bin them off as they can’t get man sized brakes under them.

#vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post

It's a T4 ffs,I'll be strapping a parachute on to get me stopped

I need me new wheel holder before I decide what size to go for but thinking Vito 17's

Comment

It's a T4 ffs,I'll be strapping a parachute on to get me stopped

I need me new wheel holder before I decide what size to go for but thinking Vito 17's
                  T4’s can be fast. Trust me on this mwahahahahahaha!

I have banded Vito 17’s to go over my bigger brakes.

#vanlife

Comment

What? ....... your 300's are "bigger" !
                    Pahahahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      What? ....... your 300's are "bigger" !
                      Pahahahahahaha!
                      Given the trouble you had understanding why 312’s aren’t any better than 280’s in the RW and the time I wasted trying to explain it, I’m not going to engage in trying to get you to understand that 300 is the bigger number than 280……

I sometimes ponder which is lower, your IQ or Jimmy Savilles minimum age requirements. Just sit in the corner quietly and eat your crayons.

Last edited by TommyP; 22 February 2023, 10:09 PM.
                      #vanlife

Comment

Shouldn't laugh.

Comment

Shouldn't laugh.
                          No , you should, he's a funny fucker!

Comment

Given the trouble you had understanding why 312’s aren’t any better than 280’s in the RW and the time I wasted trying to explain it, I’m not going to engage in trying to get you to understand that 300 is the bigger number than 280……

I sometimes ponder which is lower, your IQ or Jimmy Savilles minimum age requirements. Just sit in the corner quietly and eat your crayons.

I would of thought you of all people would understand the science behind friction, surface area and the resultant heat?

Comment

Well I'm just a lad Tommy

Comment

Working...
                              X