Clear All

• Here you go TP, 255/45R17
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TP 6 Speed DQL vs FZQ 255_45R17.png
Views:	216
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	330007

Comment

• Reg, can I buy your adaptor plate or the drawing(s) or sell me one if you get it made up?

Comment

• You can buy this one, all the brackets, the flywheel adaptor, the driveshafts, driveshaft spacer, the special bolts, the shifter, the shortened cables and any other parts I have for £600

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Here you go TP, 255/45R17
          Click image for larger version

Name:	TP 6 Speed DQL vs FZQ 255_45R17.png
Views:	216
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	330007
          Paaaaaahahahahaha!!!

225/55R17…….

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
          #vanlife

Comment

• FFS.....
            Ah well it'll be useful to someone , somewhere and some how!

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              You can buy this one, all the brackets, the flywheel adaptor, the driveshafts, driveshaft spacer, the special bolts, the shifter, the shortened cables and any other parts I have for £600
              Cheers, fair price by all accounts, but I've got most of that collated already. Just need the plate / drawing for a one-off.

Comment

• With tyre size 225/55R17.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	TP 6 Speed DQL vs FZQ 225_55R17.png Views:	0 Size:	154.6 KB ID:	330016

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  Cheers, fair price by all accounts, but I've got most of that collated already. Just need the plate / drawing for a one-off.
                  £500 for the plate then.

You've got the flywheel adaptor, the specials bolts and all the other one off custom bits that are bespoke to my plate already - that is surprising. Shortened shift cables as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

£500 for the plate then.

You've got the flywheel adaptor, the specials bolts and all the other one off custom bits that are bespoke to my plate already - that is surprising. Shortened shift cables as well?
                    Hahaha.
                    So finish it then? I'm not having a go at you - I just want a leg up to start my own journey. I invested a little in your start did I not?

Its clearly not as easy as the sum of the parts listed as someone of your calibre would be knocking a conversion out monthly. I've no idea what you've bespoked, modded or created. The plate would be my starting point. I've got mounts, drive shafts and a host of parts , flywheels, gear boxes , cars , vans and Im hoping a few contacts to help me along the way.

Comment

• How have you got mounts? It's bespoke to the clocked gearbox. I have the original and the improved 2nd version that also carries the shift cables.

Appreciate you helped out at the start, and that's the only reason I would consider letting it go to you, there's hundreds of hours of work, but if you want to find someone with a CMM that will even take the work on, well done. Then the raw material alone for the plate will cost you the best part of 200 before you even machine it up.
                      I think by the time I paid customs fees on the plate from china it was over £300, my mate has just bought a 6 spd plate for a PD - much simpler design and that was 550.
                      I could sell you the drawing but as intellectual property I know what it's worth, sure you could reverse engineer my plate but I also know what that will cost to have CMM'ed and then drawn.
                      Currently as a stalled project it's worth nowt to me and probably owes me a grand in time and money.

Comment

Working...
                      X