No announcement yet.

The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pump arrived, thanks Reg. I’ve got it fitted along with the plug loom. That’ll get me out of a spot for now.

Have you got any thoughts on a start point for timing the pump up? I was gonna stick at +1.00 and go from there.

Sent from a muppet
    #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post

Tell us more about these spacer plates and adjusting the dynamic timing for VP37 Land Rovers TommyP. Got any pics or links?
      Here’s the link I showed you the other night:

https://stegs4x4.co.uk/product/dynam...ce-spacer-kit/

Sent from a muppet
      #vanlife

Comment

• Claiming 30bhp / 30 lbft torque more with his dynamic timing shims. Do Land Rovers use a single stage injector and similar pressures to T4's 1.9td's and 2.4d's (125-135bar?) . Hes selling 3200rpm Bosch governor springs too.

Comment

• Okay so scrap setting it to +1.00 on the dti as it doesn’t lift that high lol. +0.7 is the max. I’ve just stuck it at +0.6 until reg chips in.

Failing that I’ll have to just do it by ear.

Sent from a muppet
          #vanlife

Comment

• I managed to do a bit tonight:

I got it timed up to +0.58 in the end by the time I’d locked it all up and checked it. The bigger bolt just didn’t quite fit in the 2.4 sprocket but it was nothing that couldn’t be adjusted with my trusty cobalt drills.

Sent from a muppet
            #vanlife

Comment

• Somethings not right Tommy? You're saying the max you can time it to is 0.7?

Comment

• The dti won’t rise any higher.

Sent from a muppet
                #vanlife

Comment

• I can’t remember ever testing the old 2.4 to see what that would rise to if I’m honest but I have got the old boys to do shortly so I can find out. Chances are I might be trying to start mine this weekend. I’ve got to get the turbo right so I’m happy with it and then fab the exhaust up but that won’t take that long as it’s so short lol

Sent from a muppet
                  #vanlife

Comment

• So you go from 0.00 to 0.70 peak. Find the 2.4 camplate, measure it min, max and take some pics of the cam profile.

Comment

• Reg did mention above he'd be interested how it times up, so may of seen something when building it.

Comment

• Aww fuck.

Box it up with the TDI head and send it back. Bollocks.

Something aint right.
                        Last edited by regcheeseman; 17 July 2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                          Aww fuck.

Something aint right.
                          Okie dokie. I’ve taken a half day to get more done so I’ll pull it off now and fire it back.

I haven’t forgotten the 2.4 inlet manifold either. I just need to go and get it then send it on.

Sent from a muppet
                          #vanlife

Comment

• It’s off and boxed up and it should be with you on Tuesday because of the weekend.

Sent from a muppet
                            #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              Aww fuck.

Something aint right.
                              Do you need anything else from me for this to happen like a Volvo camplate or anything? It isn’t being collected until Monday anyway so I’ve got the weekend to get anything else you might want?

Sent from a muppet
                              #vanlife

Comment

• I finally sorted the turbo so the core seats centrally and solidly. Unlike the method, the result is perfect hahaha. That’ll be all I’ll say on the matter until a future post when I concede defeat and look for another turbo lol.

Plans for this weekend:
                                Inlet and IC piping
                                Sort the new exhaust as I’ve got my new regulator now.
                                Other shite

Sent from a muppet
                                #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X