Northumberland Nato Green Pig 1995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike_skinner View Post

cheers bud - looked at your thread = once you start cutting then your committed so I wanted to get on it and get it closed up before I got fed up. It it all needed doing though as its been a daily driver for long enough. Currently working at home though so shifted my day so that I get a bit of time in the afternoons while the weather is decent. Its a lot worse under the panels than I expected and having never done bodywork before am taking it steady and figuring out how to do things. You can guarantee the weather will turn just as I remove the sliding door to do the last arch.
    The missus said if the gears were sorted she'd be happy to drive it and was already to scrap the 'pig. We even looked at some well nice T5s before the lockdown but I'd be really struggling to justify the change and the price being a monumental tight arse. Actually thinking of a newer T4 now my confidence is up a bit. Now, if that torsion bar nut would shift I'd be happy..
    I'd never done any bodywork either. This app has taught me so much. I've never been that into motors but was kinda forced into it cos I bought a rotten t4. All I had previously planned was kitting out the inside. More fool me! Now I'm totally into it and when I am working on it I love it. I'm hitting the van tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Nae t5!

Comment

Mind you I probably messaged the bloke you got your cuts from when after a new sliding door - ended up nipping up to Glasgow to get one. Worked in Falkirk for a bit so kind of know it.

Comment

Where are you from Mike? Didn't realise you were in Scotland

Comment

Amble - but worked all over. Did some work in kirkaldy, Falkirk and a paper mill up there somewhere too

Now here’s a thought - weld on wings but to make bolt on was thinking self tappers under the bonnet. a couple into the arch lip then how about a rivnut in the A’pillar. Know what I mean? Could even rivnut under the bonnet. Dab of sealer and bolt. I want it neat but not so neat I can’t get the feckers off again. That scuttle fills me with dread.

Comment

Originally posted by mike_skinner View Post
              Amble - but worked all over. Did some work in kirkaldy, Falkirk and a paper mill up there somewhere too

Now here’s a thought - weld on wings but to make bolt on was thinking self tappers under the bonnet. a couple into the arch lip then how about a rivnut in the A’pillar. Know what I mean? Could even rivnut under the bonnet. Dab of sealer and bolt. I want it neat but not so neat I can’t get the feckers off again. That scuttle fills me with dread.
              Falkland paper mill? That's not too far from me. I go down as far as hawick and jedburgh with my work.
              Yea that sounds doable with the wing. Should be neat enough. I'd maybe use wee bolts wi a locking nut instead of self tappers for them vibrating loose

Comment

Cracking job mate

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

Busy weekend - trimmed out the sill, shit all behind, scraped at the footwell and made a hole into the arch, patched it all up and got the new sill and arch repair fitted. Inner wing was solid thankfully. I was rushing a bit and set fire to the paint inside the sill - luckily managed to drill a hole and grab the nearest thing to put it out (a bottle of Asda elderflower tonic). All’s well - one arch to do plus fit the wings then it’s onto the repaint. Also massively improved the fuel efficiency and took off the shitty roof bars. That torsion bar nut is well and truly stuck so unable to complete the lift.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Pics
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Bit more progress - peeled the shit wrap off the bonnet, smeared some filler and started repainting today - highlights how much it had faded since doing it 6 years ago. Feckin thing needs another sill too so a busy weekend looming plus the drivers door has dropped. eBay account taking a hammering!
                      anyone spotted the next thing that needs a hammering?
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Last edited by mike_skinner; 3 May 2020, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Edge of the rim on the back wheel?

Comment

That silly roof spoiler?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

I didn't want to mention the spoiler

Comment

B'cos it's faster than white ones

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Army issue is that - what else would I dry my long johns on?

Comment

Working...
                                X