No announcement yet.

Northumberland Nato Green Pig 1995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used these to hold the front grill assembly to the wings?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231845204899

Comment

Originally posted by mike_skinner View Post
      Anyone used these to hold the front grill assembly to the wings?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231845204899
      They look a good idea,not too big either. I have seen simular used on short nose T4's and they look good.
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

Yea like them nice idea

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Being a bit of a factory fit train spotter not for me. But can look good.

Comment

might take as punt bearing in mind the stickers can go

Comment

... it'll just buff out they said - not much debris behind the arch - I reckon it would have all fallen out through the massive rust holes. Its solid now though after quite a major bunch of repairs and really hoping the other side isn't as bad. took the opportunity to relocate the horn inside the wing too. I'l hang the wing back on with some seam seal and self tappers so that it can be easily popped off for when the scuttle gets done. Wheel off, rest of the arch tomorrow, B pillar then reassemble
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Comment

Lots of work went on there

Comment

If your screwing on your weld on wings i'd use those 10mm headed self taping screws. It'll look more factory that way.Said I was a T4 train spotter didn't I.

Comment

I’ve got some of those in the shed. I ended up chopping up the non rusty bits of the old wing to make the patches so it’s still green on the inside!
                      Last edited by mike_skinner; 15 April 2020, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
                        Lots of work went on there

Bitten off a lot to chew on - thought the sill was bad but hopefully close up tomorrow :0)

Comment

should have been on my jollys this week but hey-ho - sill, B pillar and arch tacked on. will finish off the welding tomorrow and crack on with the front wing

Comment

drivers wing off - inner wing looking very good but wondering what kind of things people have planted in the wing compost?

I'd post a picture of the inner sill but once I'd teased away the outer drivers door sill then there was precious little left. Got a mate dropping some 1.2mm sheet to create one tomorrow..

Scored a low miler gearbox, new headlights, battery tray and a couple of water pumps too )
                            Last edited by mike_skinner; 22 April 2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

You've got loads done in just 2 weeks mate. I applaud you. Mine has sat in bits for months. Just laziness on my behalf. Well done for keeping motivated

Comment

Originally posted by fife t4 new View Post
                                You've got loads done in just 2 weeks mate. I applaud you. Mine has sat in bits for months. Just laziness on my behalf. Well done for keeping motivated

cheers bud - looked at your thread = once you start cutting then your committed so I wanted to get on it and get it closed up before I got fed up. It it all needed doing though as its been a daily driver for long enough. Currently working at home though so shifted my day so that I get a bit of time in the afternoons while the weather is decent. Its a lot worse under the panels than I expected and having never done bodywork before am taking it steady and figuring out how to do things. You can guarantee the weather will turn just as I remove the sliding door to do the last arch.
                                The missus said if the gears were sorted she'd be happy to drive it and was already to scrap the 'pig. We even looked at some well nice T5s before the lockdown but I'd be really struggling to justify the change and the price being a monumental tight arse. Actually thinking of a newer T4 now my confidence is up a bit. Now, if that torsion bar nut would shift I'd be happy..

Comment

Working...
                                X