The Scrap-Pod Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Thought "they" were rejected from the Golden Globes? ;-)
    I don't even know who they are any more
    I'm a dinosaur, or at least I indentlfy as one.
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Here ya go Jim, just hook it up and go. If your Billy no mates you can do it on your own. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230201_085754.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	647.1 KB
ID:	351517

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
        Here ya go Jim, just hook it up and go. If your Billy no mates you can do it on your own. Click image for larger version

That jeep is so cool

Comment

• Great design Si, and appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Here ya go Jim, just hook it up and go. If your Billy no mates you can do it on your own. Click image for larger version

The quality of historic motoring and memorabilia your family has collected is unbelievable.
            Love it.

Comment

• Crucially it's about having enough garages and sheds to maintain and keep them in, and a significant reason why I've stuck to motorcycles.

My next project in France is to build a generously sized garage/workshop, with barn doors, a wood burner, and storage above

Comment

• Sounds idyllic.
                My absolute dream, especially if full of motorbikes.

Comment

• Putting a building up from scratch is a tough call, but at least I've got one wall to butt up against, as essentially I'll be extending from an existing gable end (that I previously built). Plus it's working outside, which is great.

Concrete block walls, externally clad in random limestone with coarse off-white lime mortar. A deep reddish-pink Roman pantile roof, with a couple of Velux windows, and all timber-work in oak. The roof will extend forwards to provide a covered and sheltered area long enough for the open barn doors, with a solid floor again extending further forwards to provide an outside hard standing. A couple of windows in the SW facing wall, with (preferably fossil rich) white limestone cills, jambs, and lintels.

A painted concrete internal floor, but as to the outside hardstanding, I don't know.

Brick paving or simple concrete flags would be out of keeping, and then there's oil drips and oil changing to think about. The Indian hand-tooled natural stone flags you can easily get in the UK would be good, but I've never seen them used or available there. The concrete pretend 'stone' flags are not always convincing, but is probably what I'll end up with, though the choice is again a bit limited and expensive, as they are not a local resource. Perhaps I should start ferrying down a few of those Indian flagstones each time I travel?

It will take years on and off, depending on when my Irish Passport comes through, and at a work pace that provides maximum enjoyment whenever possible. Getting it weathertight will be a significant milestone in itself. I'll get a couple of friends in to help now and then, particularly when digging the foundations, and erecting the roof.

We'll see.

Comment

• Throw in a mezzanine floor so you can sleep in there and you've got perfection.

Reminds me of the garage we used when working out in Gib. Space for 4 cars, toilet and shower with a basic kitchenette. Big mezzanine to form a small longe/bedroom area.

The only downside was it was in an industrial estate in La Linear de Concepción, which is basically like Bogatá on a good day.

There is a Netflix series on La Linear, quite the eye opener.

Hope your passport comes through soon, another consequence of good old Brexshit.

Comment

Working...
                    X