The Scrap-Pod Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Benf View Post

Mine was a pageant moselle Rob but literally identical to the one I acquired for this project, layout and everything
    So you sold it on and the leaks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      So you sold it on and the leaks?
      Yes sold with all issues fully advertised and the offers I had were ridiculous, I could of sold it ten times over, the guy who bought it was a dealer so was either breaking it or repairing it.

Comment

Yes sold with all issues fully advertised and the offers I had were ridiculous, I could of sold it ten times over, the guy who bought it was a dealer so was either breaking it or repairing it.
        Those Bailey units fetch good money , top 3 manufacturers according to the blurb I read.

Anyway, TP's made a suggestion - which is arguably a debate in itself , with the projects early New Year start.

Although unconnected I read about a T5/6 T28 electric conversion project last night , which came out at 1350kg with the internals , axles and running gear. Is there 550ish kg plus if the chassis is stripped further? I'd of thought so .... so your T4 shell should meet that >1300kg with enough spare to deck it out to a 5* standard I'd of thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Those Bailey units fetch good money , top 3 manufacturers according to the blurb I read.

Anyway, TP's made a suggestion - which is arguably a debate in itself , with the projects early New Year start.

Although unconnected I read about a T5/6 T28 electric conversion project last night , which came out at 1350kg with the internals , axles and running gear. Is there 550ish kg plus if the chassis is stripped further? I'd of thought so .... so your T4 shell should meet that >1300kg with enough spare to deck it out to a 5* standard I'd of thought.
          Yes so if the t4 shell is stripped completely underneath of all suspension etc then weight wise it should be good

Comment

• Please remember one thing. You don't want a caravan, you want a T4 pod/trailer etc.

Do not compromise on your dream.

It's all or nothing. You CAN do this and you are doing so for your little ones to create memories.

Yes, Tommy is correct, it needs to be safe. (it really does but don't get carried away with this part).

It won't be easy but it can be done and it doesn't have to cost the earth. I've had my kids now but I remember what the little buggers cost, however, patience....hard-working and ingenuity will get you there.

Do not compromise. T4 trailer or nothing at all.

​​​​​
            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
              Please remember one thing. You don't want a caravan, you want a T4 pod/trailer etc.

Do not compromise on your dream.

It's all or nothing. You CAN do this and you are doing so for your little ones to create memories.

Yes, Tommy is correct, it needs to be safe. (it really does but don't get carried away with this part).

It won't be easy but it can be done and it doesn't have to cost the earth. I've had my kids now but I remember what the little buggers cost, however, patience....hard-working and ingenuity will get you there.

Do not compromise. T4 trailer or nothing at all.

​​​​​
              Cheers Arf, I had a chat with Si yesterday and I pretty much said the same thing about compromise. I want the kids to be able to help with little bits along the way with the build so it's their adventure too, everything I do is for them and to create memories with them

Comment

Cheers Arf, I had a chat with Si yesterday and I pretty much said the same thing about compromise. I want the kids to be able to help with little bits along the way with the build so it's their adventure too, everything I do is for them and to create memories with them
                They are still young.
                If it takes 12 months so be it
                Stick to your guns and get what you want and better still, let them be a part of it.

Comment

• Arf. You have changed your avatar pic

Comment

They are still young.
                    If it takes 12 months so be it
                    Stick to your guns and get what you want and better still, let them be a part of it.
                    Will do Arf, promise

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                      Arf. You have changed your avatar pic
                      Yep.
                      Playing with a
                      ​​​​​new one.
                      Change is as good as a rest, no?

Comment

Yep.
                        Playing with a
                        ​​​​​new one.
                        Change is as good as a rest, no?
                        Why have you changed it to a picture of Paul Teutul Snr in his 40’s from Orange County Choppers?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                        #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Why have you changed it to a picture of Paul Teutul Snr in his 40’s from Orange County Choppers?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          Oooooh you bitch. That hurts.
                          Going to change it again now, after I demolish a pint of Ben and Jerry's.
                          You cow!

Comment

Oooooh you bitch. That hurts.
                            Going to change it again now, after I demolish a pint of Ben and Jerry's.
                            You cow!
                            https://www.diariosur.es/malagatrend...023173850.html

Gordo Master Arf?
                            Last edited by Activ8; 29 January 2023, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Yep, probably my favourite artist at the moment.
                              Local legend.

https://youtu.be/nHf_i5lsItA
                              ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Changed it again now.
                                Tommy P better now start saying nasty things about this one. Another little legend.
                                Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 30 January 2023, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X