• Show
Clear All

Take no notice, get a petrol.

Comment

No what he says is pretty much right. Grumpy ole diesel's

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
        No what he says is pretty much right. Grumpy ole diesel's
        Pretty much lol we’ve got 3 petrols, the Golf V6 4mo, Focus ST and the Volvo 850 T5 - love them, all of them, I really do but I can’t ever help but feel the grumpy old diesels are more dependable. Gotta love the fun you can have in a petrol though, old diesels can also be fun if you make them but it’s always different, it just is.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

Those archs should clean up and the sliding doorstep channel looks good. They do suffer at the little sill by the fuel filler so you may "go through" there but i'm hoping your lucky.
          Fuel filler area was ok. Few holes though front near side arch. I’ve rust treated but not sure if I just use some mesh and fibreglass or weld in a few small bits to sort. I don’t think new wing and arches are necessary but could be wrong.

Comment

I like the way a diesel talks & sings back to me, particularly that distinctive 5 Pot hum.

It's tricky accompanying with a Jaw's Harp while driving though, and probably downright illegal

Comment

The back side of the wings/archs will want a clean up as it will have started on the back side.Get all the rust out then treat. The archs arent structual so you could fill. But get it back to shinny metal first and treat.
              Last edited by S49; 13 July 2022, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Its hard to weld and not distort. I welded in, in a similar spot on the wings i fitted to the Doka. But that shell does look pretty sound mate.

Comment

Steve have a look at page 24 of Blindfaith Two mate. I made a good wing out of two. If you want i could cut a section of the arch out of the wing i removed the bracket off and "Jiffy bag" it over to you then you could make up repair sections to suit.But remember time moves slower in the shire, ask Huskeyman how long it took to post him some bits a while back.

Comment

It's a shame the wings are welded on otherwise would be a lot easier to repair. I'll go back a bit further with the wire brush/flap disc and chop out the worst bits then. I've got metal here from the old green van door skin so I'll have a go at bending some of that. It won't be pretty but I'll hammer any high/low spots and skim fill to tidy up. What do you think?

Comment

That will do it

Comment

That will do it

Made a start. There’s one more hole to cut out in the ns wing. I’ll get it welded in and then hammer to a better shape.

Comment

As it’s kinda relevant I’ll mention it here. Just bought a mk3 1.9 Tdi with pump and injectors for £60. Hahahahahahaha! Fucking love it!

#vanlife

Comment

Ah I'm glad you got one Tommy. What a bargain! I'll let you know what I eng up paying for the one I left behind

Comment

Originally posted by SteveT4Pembs View Post
                              Ah I'm glad you got one Tommy. What a bargain! I'll let you know what I eng up paying for the one I left behind
                              You need that in your van more than you need your next breath.

#vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post

You need that in your van more than you need your next breath.

I’ve just got this as a spare or to flip. I don’t need one, both my T4’s have fairly freshly rebuilt engines.

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X