• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress is progress windy

Comment

Glad your making headway Windy mate.

Comment

Cheers chaps. Bit of a major refurb the next bit as I have to strip the veltrim off the inside of the high top then re line after the stuffs fitted. Hopefully done quickly as I want to use the van as soon as the zombie apocalypse calms down.

Comment

Just got the van back after putting it in to get the dreaded cam belt and water pump etc changed. Not cheap on the 2.5 as I’m sure you know. However it’s only done about 50,000 since the last change but that was over 5 years ago. And I’d be gutted if it went after all I’m investing in this bus. It’s just painful to spend money you can’t see if you know what I mean.
          However. While it was in the mechanic gave it the once over and said it’s pretty sound. Tightened up the gear linkage for me as it was lose and spotted a couple of slightly chaffed brake lines. (Next job!)
          Still that’s another job ticked off the list.

Comment

Thought I should add the upholstery pics. I’m going to get the filler cushion modified. But really pleased with the results!!
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Whats the 27?

Comment

We go on european mystery rallies called the Windy500 and that's our team number. Also our anniversary. Not that we are able to go into Europe anytime soon unfortunately.

Comment

Hi. Seats look good would defo prefer armrest on fronts. I have them on mine

Comment

I have arm rests and never use the things.

Comment

Yeah. OK si. But they look good As. You know the captain seat are good £££££

Comment

I got mine in a swap deal

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Though I’d try to catch up with my progress. I decided that it might be a good idea to add a storage shelf in the roof. I’m going to cover it in 4 way stretch and tie the cargo down with unwin rails and straps.
                            I’ve also started re doing the bed ends. Need to put power to the left hand side. 240 and 12v for the ARB Zero I’ve ordered. It’s slowly coming together. One of the more exciting things is I now have the lithium batteries in.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Some more progress over the last couple of days as I’ve been off. Built a little storage cupboard to mount on the new cargo shelf and started covering the panels.

I’ll tackle covering the cargo shelf at the weekend.

Comment

Bit more work on the leisure electrics this morning before I go to work. Connected up the two 120ah lithium batteries to create a battery bank. Installed an earth bus bar. And then connected up the fuse box and connected the heater. All turned on without blowing up so all good! Lol. Just waiting for the dc to dc charger to turn up.

Comment

Working...
                                X