• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hans. My van is by no means slow it goes very well

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
      Hans. My van is by no means slow it goes very well
      Standard 2.5 tdi’s couldn’t pull the skin of a rice pudding.

I didnt want to start anything but………Si said “Paul’s van has all the power of two harnessed children” and as we all know, what Si says should instantly absorbed as fact and nothing less. He absolutely did say that and I haven’t made it up. I thought it was a bit rude myself but I am the quiet sensitive type so I just put it down to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

Thanks all, I'll give the seller a bell tomorrow and feedback. I'm surprised how much money some sheds fetch, and not many 'velle's in the T4 shape seem to be about anymore. Either that, or once you own one you don't sell it!

Comment

Found what seems like a nice one, 2.5tdi Auto Caravelle, completely standard apart from a head unit and stainless exhaust. Had about 12k on a full body refurb and paint in standard colour in 2019, and a trans rebuild around the same time. Had loads of engine work, belts, etc in 2021. Deal done, despite being a bit over budget, and going to collect on Sunday subject to a fresh MOT.

I'll be hanging around the forum quite a bit in the near future!

First job once I've given it a proper shakedown will probably be some light tints and perhaps a set of alloys.

Comment

Glad you've found one, keep us posted.

Comment

Does it have a sunroof?

Comment

No, it's sunroof free, so one less leak to worry about!

Comment

Leaks, yes!

I was more concerned with smoke leaking out of the sunroof wiring circuitry - I've noticed that components stop working once the smoke gets out, and that's must be why all the wires are covered in plastic - it's there to keep the smoke in. Electrickery indeed

Comment

Sounds great , just the Auto reference that would concern me.

Comment

So MOT was as near as doesn't matter a clean sheet from a garage I chose, and test drive went really well. Cash wash exchanged for the V5 and it's now back home on my drive. I think it's the best I've seen, so quite happy with it, looks almost new. Happy the work was done in 18/19 as it's been done long enough that any crap work would show up by now.

Auto box is smooth and changes when it should. Full new torque converter and reman valve block in 2020 (so about 12k back) with VW supplied fluid.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Very tidy, nice colour too ....

Comment

Working...
                        X