Hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!

Hi guys and girls, I'm new around here, but not new to the many car forums I frequent. I've been after a T4 for years, and saw one for sale on your FB page that looks nice. Unfortunately, not being a Facebook user, I can't get in touch that way, so signed up here instead!

Hope to join you as an owner very soon.

Kev

Welcome aboard

Comment

Ah be ya and a warm welcome from the shire. Theres usually a few for sale on here.

Comment

Welcome aboard.
        Any idea what you're looking for?

Short Wheel Base or Long?
        Which engine
        Starting spec etc?

Comment

Ideally an 8 seat 'velle, SWB with a 102 TDI engine. Not fussed on colour really, but in good condition, either a tastefully modded example or a standard vehicle. I can customise how I like that way, and I'd intend to keep it quite discreet.

Comment

Mine is a 8 seater velle, twin slider too, not for sale though (not like anyone would want it other than me!)

Comment

I much prefer the look of the classic short nose style, but as far as I'm aware, that rules out the 2.5 TDI. 2.5 petrol would be ok, as it's only for family trips out and a short daily commute.

How do you find the hill performance fully loaded with humans!? One of the major trips planned this year is a group of 7 heading down to the Pyrenees. I initially considered a T5 with the 174 engine just for the extra grunt, but not sure I'll really need it. My daily is a 400bhp diesel X5 at the moment, so I'm a bit concerned about lack of power

Comment

Hi. A 102 with intercooler will not have a lack of power

Comment

T4s come in 2,5tdi in the short as well as long nose forms. 2.5 petrol is a thirsty beast and not that powerful. The wifes 2 litre petrol is on a par with the 1.9td.

Comment

Go for a 2.5tdi and plan to tune it. The 2.5tdi T5 is a total nightmare for reliability and working on, parts are expensive compared to a T4 too.

If you’re used to a 400bhp diesel then any standard engine in a T4 is going to feel horrific. Even the 102 tdi T4’s are pedestrian at best in standard form but they’ll get you there…….. eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                    #vanlife

Comment

Fantastic, thanks for the advice all. I've had some slow cars before and that but doesn't bother me at all, it's more the torque and hill performance that has me concerned when you see newer vans now using double the power and still being relatively slow beasts.

Great advice on the T5 - that was my conclusion and hence why I'm here!

Comment

Originally posted by Kev80 View Post
                        Fantastic, thanks for the advice all. I've had some slow cars before and that but doesn't bother me at all, it's more the torque and hill performance that has me concerned when you see newer vans now using double the power and still being relatively slow beasts.

Great advice on the T5 - that was my conclusion and hence why I'm here!
                        Hill performance and performance in general is highly subjective. Most T4 owners would be happy to just get to the top of a hill doing the same speed they were at the bottom. Then there’s the people with 102 2.5tdis that genuinely and foolishly believe that being able to put your foot down on a hill and increase your speed by 1mph every 5 seconds means they’ve got a rocket ship. When in fact they’ve got something with the same pace as a well tuned 1.9td. Deluded wankers.

#vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Hill performance and performance in general is highly subjective. Most T4 owners would be happy to just get to the top of a hill doing the same speed they were at the bottom. Then there’s the people with 102 2.5tdis that genuinely and foolishly believe that being able to put your foot down on a hill and increase your speed by 1mph every 5 seconds means they’ve got a rocket ship. When in fact they’ve got something with the same pace as a well tuned 1.9td. Deluded wankers.

Which category do I fall into??

Comment

As the performance of "modern" vans increases I think a lot a folk would buy a T4 on the retro feel of things and be happy enough to plod along with a line of traffic behind just like they would in an awful split screen type thing. I didn't get one for it's get up and go but making them nicer to drive creeps as as ownership and needs develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Benf View Post

Which category do I fall into??
                              Incoming!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X