T4 pd130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fixedit View Post

Isn't there a problem with alining driveshafts as well as bulkhead clearance?
    Only an issue if your not using a t4 gearbox 02b

I'm using the t4 box with my 1.8t untill Tom's six speed kit becomes available.

bulk head my 20v was close so I took a lump hammer to it but possible to box it where needed but the pd turbo will need clocking I believe. If your on fb join T4PD there is some good info there

Comment

If I can find another cheap t4 or a rolling shell I'll have a go now mines finally running

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Cope View Post

Only an issue if your not using a t4 gearbox 02b

I'm using the t4 box with my 1.8t untill Tom's six speed kit becomes available.

bulk head my 20v was close so I took a lump hammer to it but possible to box it where needed but the pd turbo will need clocking I believe. If your on fb join T4PD there is some good info there
        More info on Tom's 6 speed box please. Is this using the ABL's box?

Comment

Planning on using the ABL box on our 1.8T AEB swap. That block bolts straight in as it shares the 1.9 basic casting. "Just" wiring,pipe work and exhaust to sort.

Comment

More info on Tom's 6 speed box please. Is this using the ABL's box?
            Toms 6 speed conversion kit is an adaptor plate that allows you to use a 02m gearbox from a golf/a3/fabia/etc.

The adaptor plate sits between the gearbox and engine, rather than bolting up straight like they would in the golf, it clocks the gearbox around so the engine is tilted forwards relative to the box - like a t4 engine and box.

Comment

Wasn't Reg working on a similar adaptor plate a bit back? Mind I think that was so you could use a 6 speed box with the 2.5TDI from memory.

Comment

If u put a adapter in between, would your gearbox shaft be long enough?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Don't think the plate is thick enough to cause a problem.

Comment

An adaptor plate would hugely revolutionise T4’s for so many. I’d be interested for sure. Just having a stronger box with 6-speed on my standard engines would be unreal in every sense of the phrase.

Sent from a muppet
                    #vanlife

Comment

Would this adaptor plate fit the ABL block?

Comment

Would this adaptor plate fit the ABL block?
                        Yes. It should fit any 4 cylinder vw block

Comment

Can't be that hard, if someone got the size, i am able to do a cat, and we use jet and plasma cutting for work,
                          Once it's on a cat, it can be produced in any numbers

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
                            Can't be that hard, if someone got the size, i am able to do a cat, and we use jet and plasma cutting for work,
                            Once it's on a cat, it can be produced in any numbers

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s
                            £50 is a number. When can I collect my new adaptor from your Andreas?

Sent from a muppet
                            #vanlife

Comment

Soon we get a template/sketch or something then i can get details.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

The adaptor plate is pretty simple, the complexity is in spacing the clutch or flywheel out so the input shaft engages and clutch releases, and getting driveshafts that work but ideally use off the shelf components

Comment

Working...
                                X