T4 280bhp Drive train video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S49 View Post
    I dont usually take much notice of camper stuff but that jigsaw floor, do you have a link to autisum?
    Had to think about that for a second….
    Jigsaw floor? Oooohhhh right, that!
    Haven’t had that for about 6 years.

It’s a grey stripe now.

As for Autism, pretty sure everyone is somewhere on the spectrum. I’ve not been tested, so I couldn’t tell you where I am.
    How about yourself?
    BONGO FURY - 222bhp - 390lb/ft - 16.7064 1/4
    Are you quick enough for the T17.club?

Comment

Three of my kids have it to different degrees, our youngest has it really bad and will always need round the clock care. Some say she should be in a home but over my dead body.Amy has just been confirmed as having it but thankfully her little girl shows no signs of having the vile condition. It casts a long shadow over are family. Now i have the link to your blog i shall be back and forward to it for weeks i spect.. When S49 is back on the road and proved reliable i may be tempted to have a go at a T17 time. Mind the AEB 1.8 is only 148bhp out the factory so we'll see.

Comment

Defo get on the track when you can. It’s super fun, no matter how fast you run!

Few friends of mine have light touch on the scale and they are crazy clever. Weird how it effects people differently, depending on what level you are on.

Comment

Just need it tested. It still has the 1.9td cat on it, just so the tester sees i'm making the effort. I should have taken d-9s advice and got a long test on it before i pulled the engine but the way it was leaking oil last December i'd a been lucky to get it through. Just want it on the road now but having six vdubs and only two drivers its a juggling act to be honest.

Comment

I had lots of questions from this video, so I have made another with the answers in!

Have a look here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ry0tgthHL0

Comment

Just had another spin in S491.8t and i've found a 3/4 mile straight on the common. Gonna pace out a 1/4 mile for practice. What sort a speed should i be at by the end to get around 17 seconds?

Comment

Just had another spin in S491.8t and i've found a 3/4 mile straight on the common. Gonna pace out a 1/4 mile for practice. What sort a speed should i be at by the end to get around 17 seconds?
                To move a 2000kg van and driver across the ¼mile line in under 17 seconds you'll need about 225bhp / 169KW or 83.9mph as you cross.

Comment

I dont reckon the thing will be a many miles away judging by how it did this morning. Its been faster on a two lane road today than it did on a motorway with miles to build up as a 1.9td. And theres lots of weight in the back i can loose.Dirty great toolbox, all of last summers bedding and the velle rear seat isnt light. I've also noticed that the front double weighs far more than the folding version i have in stock.
                  Last edited by S49; 22 October 2022, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Unladen, aren't the swb's (transporter) about 1860kg oem factory? Every 100kg lost deducts about 0.4 seconds. 225bhp must be an easy upgrade on a 1.8T AEB?
                    Last edited by Activ8; 22 October 2022, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Having just wanted it running i havent thought about improving performance, replacing the clogged abl air filter would help, wouldnt it? How do you turn up the boost on a petrol? Theres uprated ignition coils,different cams, flow the head the list goes on. Maps? I have an OS map of the Elan Valley.

Comment

Having just wanted it running i havent thought about improving performance, replacing the clogged abl air filter would help, wouldnt it? How do you turn up the boost on a petrol? Theres uprated ignition coils,different cams, flow the head the list goes on. Maps? I have an OS map of the Elan Valley.
                        Air filter, intercooler would be cheap enough but I'd just map it initially without the hardware changes. What clutch are you running? 215mm or 228mm SMF?

Comment

Clutch? The one you gave me for the ABL, think you got it from Netto.

Comment

I'm always wary of bolt on or mapped in goodies without the motor having a proper rebuild first, i've seen so many motors fly to bits because of more power than a worn motor could take.

Comment

Clutch? The one you gave me for the ABL, think you got it from Netto.
                              Netto?
                              Oh yeh, the Mecarm SRL MK9866, 215mm 3 piece about the £90 price point.
                              Its designer Si - made in Italy.

Comment

I'm always wary of bolt on or mapped in goodies without the motor having a proper rebuild first, i've seen so many motors fly to bits because of more power than a worn motor could take.
                                Fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X