Ness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
    Not sure where you are but this place in North Devon seems reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    I'm Cheshire, northwest but wish I was closer that's a good price. Need to shop around a few based on that

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

• What's the difference between the clutches in the 1.9 t4 and how do I know which is in mine?

Comment

• Originally posted by craig.jerram View Post
        What's the difference between the clutches in the 1.9 t4 and how do I know which is in mine?

As far as i can tell the t4 had 2 types of manual box but they will get it off the plate. Looking at it the difference is possibly between the 1.9 and the rest???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Last night completed details on a website were garages bid, so far had 2 quotes £695 & £390. Big difference between

Comment

Last night completed details on a website were garages bid, so far had 2 quotes £695 & £390. Big difference between

There is!

Comment

• Thought there was just one type in the ABL but I've been wrong before.

Comment

Last night completed details on a website were garages bid, so far had 2 quotes £695 & £390. Big difference between

So, £800, £695 & £390 - that's some spread of quotes. Did you specify the clutch kit manufacturer? Worth doing.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  Thought there was just one type in the ABL but I've been wrong before.
                  Yea that's sort of what I was thinking, but Haynes (yes we know the t4 manual is not a gospel of fact in fact it's one of the worst I have seen!) Makes reference to 2 types that I took as ABL and the rest??

Comment

• I was also convinced there was a 1.9tdi from new until yesterday. Shame you werent in my neck of the woods mate i'd give you a hand in with the box.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	dafuk-just-scrap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	265632

Only joking. Shame your not in my neck of the woods then we could go on the lash and you wouldn't give two shits for your clutch.
                      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Had another for £450. None specify clutch make accept the £800 that is a garage I regularly use which they said LUK clutch.
                        Are some cheap clutches best avoiding as on euro car parts the cheapest is currently £93

Comment

Had another for £450. None specify clutch make accept the £800 that is a garage I regularly use which they said LUK clutch.
                          Are some cheap clutches best avoiding as on euro car parts the cheapest is currently £93

Fit a decent clutch / brand ... LUK , Valeo , Sachs. Others may have different preferences and opinions but these brands last.

Comment

• Just remembered - got a 1.9TD, 3 piece clutch kit in the garage somewhere..... will pull it out Friday.

Comment

• Valeo not usually too expensive. What sort of price are TPS quoting?

Comment

• Not recommending people fit cheap clutchs but I fitted a Partco(remember them) friction plate in our old Volvo 245 and it went on for years. I was just too skint to fit a proper 3 part clutch kit at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X