Ness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Traditional old style flywheel on that one. Nice and simple....a bit like me.
    Yea and my self

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
      Pass it's an ABL does it have a dmf?

Pass.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Pass.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
        Si says no

Comment

• He's right they don't have a dual mass on the ABL !!!!

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

Traditional old style flywheel on that one. Nice and simple....a bit like me.
            If it was my van , I’d get the flywheel skimmed too remove any hard spots , may aswell do a proper job while your at it .

Comment

• So my normal garage can't do it, so it's me doing it. Day will be booked, so I have 3 full days of play. I have been reading the Haynes manual and there is a reference to replacing 2 bolts with new, Is this necessary? I haven't heard of replacing bolts unless they stretch bolts like in a head.

Comment

• Which bolts Greeney? Did our daughter gearbox and clutch in 2014, rebuild box(Geartec in Skiddeyminster) 1.9 abl. They sold it much to my disgust but its still going strong Didnt use any new bolts. Think some golf clutch kits come with new flywheel bolts as its a backwards type arrangement,cant for the life of me remember if that's the clutch type on the 1.9 T4.

Comment

• Looks like they go on a mounting bracket

Comment

• Nope, didn't change those mate. 3 days should be plenty. Worst part I found was getting the offside driveshaft extension off. Oh and i took the hubs off completely
                    Last edited by S49; 5 September 2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• So here's today's progress, I had to stop as I didn't have any zxn keys to remove the drive shafts, and I don't have either anything that would fit. So they are ordered and will be here tomorrow.

Comment

• Well yes the clutch was fubar!
                        But now i can't get the box back in! And by the time I cleared enough space to get it back in I had no muscle left it's a horrible space to get a gearbox back into.

Comment

• I took the drive shaft extension off and used a jack to pivot the box back in.

Comment

I took the drive shaft extension off and used a jack to pivot the box back in.
                            Did look at taking that off but didn't want to force it.

Comment

• Centralise clutch?

Drop the subframe?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                                Centralise clutch?

Drop the subframe?
                                Clutch central and the van is sat in the subframe. I think I will have space if I take the drive shafts extension off. But thanks Reg if inam still struggling i will look at dropping the subframe.

Last edited by Greeny gtc; 10 September 2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X