No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you still looking for brake discs for those Brembo stoppers? Was it 345x28 (cannot remember exactly) if so Porsche 996 Carrera & Boxter S use this size.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Are you still looking for brake discs for those Brembo stoppers? Was it 345x28 (cannot remember exactly) if so Porsche 996 Carrera & Boxter S use this size.

Yep that's the size but it all depends on the size and shape of the bell.

you! fox-acre! stop sniggering at the back and get back in the sewer

Comment

• Hopefully got the triology of disasters out of the way fo this week....

Reversed into a fence

Van wouldn't start and stay running - the old problem resurfaced whilst at the beach, I'm now back to version 2 ECU and a flashing glow plug light. Thank god I keep a spare ECU in the glovebox just in case.

Meanwhile on with the dent removal, had a good idea....

Borrowed a sphygmomanometer. (like you do)

Simply place inside the cavity and inflate.

The big dent needs a lot more work but it is a lot smaller.

The little dent nearly popped out in one go

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Triology of disasters...

Van wouldn't start and stay running - the old problem resurfaced whilst at the beach, I'm now back to version 2 ECU and a flashing glow plug light. Thank god I keep a spare ECU in the glovebox just in case.
          Anything I can do to help?
          So the cloned ECU is not working but the original is?
          I've got EDC15 ECU plugs if you need one?

Comment

Anything I can do to help?
            So the cloned ECU is not working but the original is?
            I've got EDC15 ECU plugs if you need one?

Cheers - I bet it's that wire from the crank sensor popped out again

While you mention EDC plugs - been meaning to ask, do you have a bench ECU programming setup? I've a spare pair of plugs and fancy making a bench programmer

Comment

Cheers - I bet it's that wire from the crank sensor popped out again

While you mention EDC plugs - been meaning to ask, do you have a bench ECU programming setup? I've a spare pair of plugs and fancy making a bench programmer
              No bench programmer as such just a few ECU plugs with the relevant wires having plugs on. I prefer to use the plugs so the pins don't get bent or damaged.

Comment

• On the dent removal subject, we have a kit for this. It's a slide hammer and various plastic pegs that you stick to the panel with a hot glue gun. It takes a little time, patience and practice but it works a treat with no damage to the paint. When done, a drop of alcohol removes the little pad of glue. I think it was about 100 pound from ebay.
                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Meanwhile on with the dent removal, had a good idea....

Borrowed a sphygmomanometer. (like you do)
                  What a great idea.... just need a blood pressure condition.... but think I've got a door opener that might work.

Comment

What a great idea.... just need a blood pressure condition.... but think I've got a door opener that might work.

When I had low blood pressure the doctor prescribed Ikea furniture. Had to assemble some twice a day for a week.
                    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                      When I had low blood pressure the doctor prescribed Ikea furniture. Had to assemble some twice a day for a week.
                      Lol I walked around Ikea once that was enough!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                        On the dent removal subject, we have a kit for this. It's a slide hammer and various plastic pegs that you stick to the panel with a hot glue gun. It takes a little time, patience and practice but it works a treat with no damage to the paint. When done, a drop of alcohol removes the little pad of glue. I think it was about 100 pound from ebay.
                        I’ve got a similar device , I’ll post some pics up when I’m home in a few days .

Comment

Had a thought last night

When it wouldn't start the fault was like the immobiliser cutting in- exactly what it did when the crank sensor wire was pushing out of the connector housing.

But.....

I'd just got out of the surf

Was in a rush as my boy had left the beach and I though he was still out with his surf school group - so I was late.

My immobiliser was re-enabled some time ago and I had to write a few chips to fit in keys - all the keys except my surf key.

Had I tried to start the van with my surf key?

Couldn't remember so I swapped back to the other ECU and tried one of the chipped keys - yep started and ran fine.

Doh!

Comment

• Cheap fix %/$#£;"'@! Biscuit Reg!!

Comment

• Lasted about 10 miles of charging up North Devon link road hills before this happened (again)

I put the boost pipe back together and moved the coupling so more section was over the join that keeps popping

The repair lasted about half a mile,

I needed to tighten the clamp more than it was capable of, this was the best I could do

Finally made it to the end of the link road and picked up this.

Comment

• Lengthen the silicon joiner and double mikalor from both sides.

Nice engine. The pieces are coming together?

Last edited by Activ8; 30 June 2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X