Valeo SMF kit with 228mm VR6 clutch - £229

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Decisions decisions

Luk DMF kit - £286

Whats the warranty T&C's on them both?

Comment

• How are you getting on with those gayglow wheels cheeser, could do with those steels back pretty soon, like towards Friday...
        Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• He won't get any messages Sausages because he's been banished to the shed with the Mrs' copy of 50 sheds of grey - the family's disowned him....

Sent by Rectum Pulse Modulator

Comment

Decisions decisions

Luk DMF kit - £286

Reg,
            I'm working through the clutch options and plethora of manufacturers hidden info and x-references. They're buggers ....

The Valeo kit is only rated to 300Nm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
              How are you getting on with those gayglow wheels cheeser, could do with those steels back pretty soon, like towards Friday...
              I will sort it out - wanted time to let the paint cure properly so will leave until mid week to get the rims to teapes, gonna have to arrange some time off to get it done - should be able to get them swapped over friday afternoon if that's any good?

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              Reg,
              I'm working through the clutch options and plethora of manufacturers hidden info and x-references. They're buggers ....
              Confusing isn't it, misquoted part numbers and incomplete fitment lists don't help,

The Valeo kit is only rated to 300Nm.
              Is that a bad thing?Other users with remaps and some big power seem to have no probs with the VR6 clutch and/or the valeo kit.

I think warranties are pointless because remap.

Would you go for the LUK then, that doesn't seem to give any issues either (apart form exploding DMF syndrome) but I'd have thought the VR6 would handle more power.

Comment

• I think there's more and better options plus the pricing is skewed by all the hidden manufacturers content. I've managed to break down all the kits to component level, xref them back to the OEM parts and vehicles now I'm working the cheapest picks to build a kit that matches a higher engine spec.

Is your DMF fubarred?

Comment

• Reg, late Friday or early Saturday is cool, I'm lowering a customers van so want to fit these to check settings, thanks dude
                  Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    I think there's more and better options plus the pricing is skewed by all the hidden manufacturers content. I've managed to break down all the kits to component level, xref them back to the OEM parts and vehicles now I'm working the cheapest picks to build a kit that matches a higher engine spec.
                    Thanks - I was struggling to find a flywheel available and for sensible money if you go in at component level

Do like the 228 tehniclutch fast road upgrade clutch and presure plate optio but nowt to bolt it to.

Is your DMF fubarred?
                    I don't think so, but how long it'll stay like that??

Why would you not go for the LUK if you've other map guinea pigs running them with no probs?

Comment

Thanks - I was struggling to find a flywheel available and for sensible money if you go in at component level

Do like the 228 tehniclutch fast road upgrade clutch and presure plate optio but nowt to bolt it to.

I don't think so, but how long it'll stay like that??

Why would you not go for the LUK if you've other map guinea pigs running them with no probs?
                      Reg, I'm collating the clutch upgrade info in the Technical / Gearbox Section under Clutch Upgrades. Latest is the 228mm part number and the VAG vehicles & engine codes where they're fitted. I'll speak to my local scrappers now so they can start pulling some off for me.

I'm neither leaning or have a biase against any of the available clutches but I want to get a thorough overview, it's clear there's scene tax running through the pricing and the manufacturers do their utmost to hide info for x-referencing to find alternatives.

Comment

Reg, I'm collating the clutch upgrade info in the Technical / Gearbox Section under Clutch Upgrades. Latest is the 228mm part number and the VAG vehicles & engine codes where they're fitted. I'll speak to my local scrappers now so they can start pulling some off for me.

I'm neither leaning or have a biase against any of the available clutches but I want to get a thorough overview, it's clear there's scene tax running through the pricing and the manufacturers do their utmost to hide info for x-referencing to find alternatives.

I have the numbers (at home) for the 2.4 flywheel and the 228 (VR6 golf corrado etc) clutch, and there's plenty of aftermarket options for the clutch and pressure plate once you have a flywheel. Seem like the early 2.4 one is the only factory option here?

What's a scrappers? all ours are now housing estates or 'recycling centres' - one man seems to own all the local ones and they tend to be full of peugeots and other disposable shyte, cars are there a week or two before being cubed, nothing seems to be of interest or worth saving it all goes in the crusher.

[hazy nostalgia mode]I still have good memories of the hours spent wondering around a muddy yard, climbing up stacks of cars precariously balanced, seeing what might fit. [/hazy nostalgia mode]

Comment

• Reg, I've just had a good chat with Frank at TechiClutch... very helpful and this is more like the service you want from a supplier...
                          Background information, that I have a Valeo Kit4P fitted with the Corrado G60 28/228 SMF and looking to up the bhp and torque to 250bhp & 500Nm.
                          He has advised me as follows;

VR6 Carbon Kevlar Clutch + G60 Lightened & Balanced Flywheel - Golf GTI Turbo @ £295 or make offer (could do a group buy?)
                          eBay Item# 262874365207

Quote: " the kit is rated to 480Nm of torque and is really nice to drive with; you will feel that the engine is more agile (revvy) while torque is retained. It has a very precise feel about it under foot".

Feedback for Nationwide Clutch Distributors UK Ltd. (Techni Clutch) using online/forums ignoring delivery issues/refunds etc... is varied on the quality.
                          Waiting for an email from him confirming the discussion etc. but looks promising.

So, the equivalent SRE (Sachs Race Engineering) clutch for the G60 are rated to
                          420Nm (Marketed as Performance with organic plate) @Euro 669.38/£589.05 and
                          520Nm (Marketed as Sport/Race with paddle plate) @Euro 657.59/£578.16
                          Both Sachs units do not include a lightened and balanced flywheel!
                          Even breaking down the components and shopping around best I could find was c.£100 off the kit prices but availability good.

The marketed T4 AJT / ACV Sachs units specifies no rating other than +30% over standard! These carry similar prices to the above.

Comment

[hazy nostalgia mode]I still have good memories of the hours spent wondering around a muddy yard, climbing up stacks of cars precariously balanced, seeing what might fit. [/hazy nostalgia mode]
                            Careful Reg, it'll bring on your colour blindness, but good times ... these days its more H&S driven and the bouncers help you in and out of the site with your bag of tools!

Comment

Reg, I've just had a good chat with Frank at TechiClutch... very helpful and this is more like the service you want from a supplier...

VR6 Carbon Kevlar Clutch + G60 Lightened & Balanced Flywheel - Golf GTI Turbo @ £295 or make offer (could do a group buy?)
                              eBay Item# 262874365207.
                              I said they were good, I think that's the same or similar setup I had on my Golf - From the looks of it I was running a heavier flywheel (to suit a diesel) but still a fair few kilos lighter than stock)

One problem - that flywheel (aside from possibly being too light) will not bolt up to the eight bolt crank on a T4

What do the AEL audi engines use, that's a route I've not looked down yet.

The drive to work was sedate this morning, no more than 1800 rpm and about 20% throttle max. yawn.

Comment

• Just had a thought, crank seal probably needed whilst I'm in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X