My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Talking of spare ECUs - I bought another for £40. I'm dubious of it's origins though....
    Why? What's wrong with it?
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
      Why? What's wrong with it?
      It was cheap.

From Lithuania or somewhere similar, and the part label visible in the photos doesn't contain the reference details that it should - the description was for the right part so fingers crossed.

Comment

It was cheap.

From Lithuania or somewhere similar, and the part label visible in the photos doesn't contain the reference details that it should - the description was for the right part so fingers crossed.
        Reading that I guess your worried about previous partners it may have had??
        [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
          Reading that I guess your worried about previous partners it may have had??
          [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
          As long as Yuri Activateski hasn't been messing with it, it should be fine...

Comment

As long as Yuri Activateski hasn't been messing with it, it should be fine...
            Eh... what... You diss my Latvian bro, you slur his name, when he fix your immo problem today?
            Email to Slobovan Reginsky sent.
            Just a quick question? Have you left the immobilizer box installed?
            Pah,

Comment

• Thought it just me that hangs around with the eastern europeans
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                Eh... what... You diss my Latvian bro, you slur his name, when he fix your immo problem today?
                Email to Slobovan Reginsky sent.
                Just a quick question? Have you left the immobilizer box installed?
                Pah,
                Immo box installed. Transponder ring disconnected.

Comment

Immo box installed. Transponder ring disconnected.
                  Looks like your Chinesium VagCommander didn't modify the EEPROM.
                  Can you remember which EEPROM chips you were swapping?
                  So, I've sent you a new file with IMMO OFF.
                  Theres a 2pin connector into the immo box for the K-Line, disconnect and join those cables together.

Comment

Looks like your Chinesium VagCommander didn't modify the EEPROM.
                    Can you remember which EEPROM chips you were swapping?
                    So, I've sent you a new file with IMMO OFF.
                    Theres a 2pin connector into the immo box for the K-Line, disconnect and join those cables together.
                    No chips swapped.

Commander had option to write EEPROM and write FLASH - sure that the flash doesn't actually do anything

Join K line and W line at the loom end?

Could I not 'immo on' on the old original map and reconnect the immo stuff?

Comment

In the end I did it myself, one foot on the steps, the other foot holding the hatch up to the frame whilst I just catch the bolts into the holes enough to take the weight
                      Now THAT is good use of available limbs.

As far as I’m concerned, even if you considered that it might go wrong, that counts as a risk assessment- so the health and safety box was ticked . [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

No chips swapped.
                        Commander had option to write EEPROM and write FLASH - sure that the flash doesn't actually do anything
                        Join K line and W line at the loom end?
                        Could I not 'immo on' on the old original map and reconnect the immo stuff?
                        I'm now confused Reg.
                        Solve the MIL by removing the software IMMO or put it all back and solve it with all the hardware in place?
                        Have you got a matched key etc.... or was that the original problem?
                        Your ECU 4 pin login for was not recognised in my software and reads as "0". Not even "0000". Look at the *.jpg I sent.

Comment

I'm now confused Reg.
                          Solve the MIL by removing the software IMMO or put it all back and solve it with all the hardware in place?
                          Have you got a matched key etc.... or was that the original problem?
                          Your ECU 4 pin login for was not recognised in my software and reads as "0". Not even "0000". Look at the *.jpg I sent.
                          Possibly solve the light by turning the immo back on. But I'd need to refit the immo hardware to see if it's done the trick.

I have the original key - the original problem was swapping ecus and it seeming as though the immo box was not being registered. Perhaps I need to seen what the Latvian connection comes through with.

I looked at the jpg but it means very little to me - the window for login with a zero next to it could mean the login status i.e not logged in - why would have it gone to 0?

Comment

Possibly solve the light by turning the immo back on.
                            But I'd need to refit the immo hardware to see if it's done the trick.
                            The software IMMO isn't off. But the vans running? So what exactly have you done?
                            Can you remember what you used to read the initial read file? Try reading it again.
                            Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            I have the original key - the original problem was swapping ecus and it seeming as though the immo box was not being registered.
                            Perhaps I need to seen what the Latvian connection comes through with.
                            Why were you swapping the ECU's?
                            Unless you've got the 4 pin code for the ECU you cannot register or get either to learn.
                            You need this to copy the data across from one ECU to the other.
                            Latvian will just turn off the 24C04 EEPROM on the ECU board. Software would then be IMMO OFF. Same as I sent to you earlier.
                            I looked at the jpg but it means very little to me - the window for login with a zero next to it could mean the login status i.e not logged in - why would have it gone to 0?
                            The jpg , left side of the image was before I turned the IMMO off, Right side after with IMMO off.
                            The box above the IMMO ON / OFF windows identifies the 4 digit ECU's PIN for logging in (new key coding , ECU adaptions and functions)
                            Its normally a four digit code, never seen one with just "0" registered.

Comment

The software IMMO isn't off. But the vans running? So what exactly have you done?
                              Can you remember what you used to read the initial read file? Try reading it again.
                              Initial read with mpps

Second read with commander

Immo turned off and on and off using the switch in vag can commander, the immo would have been on in the original file because the immo was on and I had the chipped key.

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              Why were you swapping the ECU's?
                              Trying to clone another ecu by writing the original file onto spare ecu (EDC 15VM+ from a golf)

Unless you've got the 4 pin code for the ECU you cannot register or get either to learn.
                              I have the pin, someone read it with a hand held unit

You need this to copy the data across from one ECU to the other.
                              Latvian will just turn off the 24C04 EEPROM on the ECU board. Software would then be IMMO OFF. Same as I sent to you earlier.

The jpg , left side of the image was before I turned the IMMO off, Right side after with IMMO off.
                              The box above the IMMO ON / OFF windows identifies the 4 digit ECU's PIN for logging in (new key coding , ECU adaptions and functions)
                              Its normally a four digit code, never seen one with just "0" registered.
                              dunno?

Never managed to get it to clone a key though, matey with the hand held had done loads previously but it just didn't want to know.
                              Last edited by regcheeseman; 6 February 2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Immo turned off and on and off using the switch in vag can commander, the immo would have been on in the original file because the immo was on and I had the chipped key.
                                So use VAGCommander and turn the IMMO off.
                                Trying to clone another ecu by writing the original file onto spare ecu (EDC 15VM+ from a golf)
                                You need the PIN code to read your van ECU, cannot remember the process but sent you a RossTech link in Nov17.
                                Your ECU code however is corrupted / missing / lost - it shows "0" in my software.
                                I have the pin, someone read it with a hand held unit
                                PIN is no good because it reads "0" according to my read of today of your 6 Nov 17 file.
                                Did you not brick the ECU? Then do a recovery?

Comment

Working...
                                X