X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must see pictures or it never happened [emoji6]

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Reg , do you want to sell your old bumper iron ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
        Reg , do you want to sell your old bumper iron ?
        I do - it's mint.

Comment

• One bumper off - new westfalia version fitted.

Don't worry fruitbat that manky bit is just some stray expanding foam! It's 100% straight and solid and rust free.

Fitted the bumper skin up - nearly.

However, from this angle it looks shit.

[/url]

Looks a bit 'stuck on' - I'm hoping that some clever use of paint will help it gel into the bumper so it looks more like it is meant to be there or maybe just a bit less obvious.

If all fails it'll just pull off leaving the bumper intact beneath.

Comment

• Trumpet fanfare - all hail Reg Cheeseman , with the tail pipes that will look fabulous are you going to highlight the diffuser or paint all the bumper black....
            Looks a really good fit - probably hours of manipulation, cutting and shaping - but it works really well.
            Have you got a full picture taking in the back of the van?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              Have you got a full picture taking in the back of the van?
              I have....

But the lack of light was too much (or little) for my potato phone - which is why I had to take the closer shot

The diffuser and the infill sections around the tailpipes will stay black - the rest of the bumper and that horrible silver/grey section will be going body colour*

*yes I know I've previously hated colour coding but in my defence that was the myopic painting of everything the same colour - the black sections should serve to break up the expanse of colour effectively

Comment

• Works for me. Itll be different again with the tailgate fitted...

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Quick release towbar fitted

20180714_141235 by regcheeseman, on Flickr

Which means I can mark up the bumper for clearance

Cock shaped slot clears the towball and the round bit is for the electrics socket - for which I hammered the bracket back up under the van to hide it.

Chopped out. And into high build primer

Comment

• Looking good now it’s in primer

Comment

• Looking fantastic and it's a great mod Reg. I don't ever recall seeing a diffuser being fitted before. Seen replacement bumpers and even 2 T4 rears bonded together but this is genius. I'm going to have a go too!!

Last edited by Activ8; 15 July 2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• does look really smart...even in primer.
                        Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                          does look really smart...even in primer.
                          Most of the primer fell off in chips when I tried to flat it - think it may have gone on too hot. Had to flat half of it all back off again.

Anyway

GT30 turbo...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT30-GT35...4AAOxy7vJTcZcb

.48AR turbine but 0.7AR compressor - way too big?

What would be a good option to design a manifold around? GT2052V too small?

T3 with 0.5 turbine / 0.57 compressor - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBO-T04...sAAOSwPAxaOg59
                          Last edited by regcheeseman; 17 July 2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            Most of the primer fell off in chips when I tried to flat it - think it may have gone on too hot. Had to flat half of it all back off again.

Anyway

GT30 turbo...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT30-GT35...4AAOxy7vJTcZcb

.48AR turbine but 0.7AR compressor - way too big?

What would be a good option to design a manifold around? GT2052V too small?

T3 with 0.5 turbine / 0.57 compressor - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBO-T04...sAAOSwPAxaOg59
                            Both way too big. Assuming peak boost at 3k your not even on the Garret equivalent compressor map.... you need to be revving to 6-7k to put you on the map! Cheap enough to try but these ebay units are basic compared to the original ceramic based maps I have.

Manifold design - the GT2 range are T25 housings, GT3 are T3 (too big in my opinion). My GT2559's I have (largest in the pile) fouls the OEM AXG/AHY manifold and needs the turbine housing cutting back - a lot. The compressor housing also fouls the manifold and cannot be clocked on the manifold therefore limiting pipework positions.

Comment

• Good skills!!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                              Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                Manifold design - the GT2 range are T25 housings, GT3 are T3 (too big in my opinion). My GT2559's I have (largest in the pile) fouls the OEM AXG/AHY manifold and needs the turbine housing cutting back - a lot. The compressor housing also fouls the manifold and cannot be clocked on the manifold therefore limiting pipework positions.
                                I'll be making a manifold to suit so maybe it can be sited for clearance. Would the 2052 be any good or too limited by size for big power?

Comment

Working...
                                X