My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked at your hp requirement.
    Reckon a 25 psi boost with a T04E-40 with an AFR of 1:16 you can get to 305hp & 667ft-lb at 2400rpm but the boost would need to be real low (10psi) to avoid surging and careful mapping upto & beyond.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Finished fitting my towbar, all wired up fine except the brake and tail lights were swapped - I'm blaming an error on the VW wiring diagram. Wires swapped on the thoughtfully provided terminals on the back of the right rear light cluster and it's all sorted - not a nasty scotchlock in sight.

Break out the grinder and start chopping up bits of volvo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9312[/ATTACH]

Much grinding, test fitting, marking, grinding, test fitting, marking, grinding, test fitting, marking, grinding, test fitting, marking, grinding, test fitting later and it was time to glue it all together with tiger seal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9313[/ATTACH]

Taped and clamped into place

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9314[/ATTACH]

And lashings of expanding foam for good measure - you can see where the original mould worked very well when I couldn't get a set of polystyrene bumper inserts for sensible money.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9315[/ATTACH]

Now comes lots of filling sanding and paint.....
      Interesting Mr Cheese!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Is the diffuser off of a Volvo V40R, a very nice touch ....

Comment

• I spot a Myford ML10 lurking in the background

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Is the diffuser off of a Volvo V40R, a very nice touch ....
            Something like that - don't recall.

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
            I spot a Myford ML10 lurking in the background
            It is - not mine though I'm just looking after it for a mate who was letting it rust in a damp shed.

Comment

• How's the bumper mod coming along.... looking forward to the next installment!

Comment

How's the bumper mod coming along.... looking forward to the next installment!

Filling and prep prior to paint at the moment, there's an awkward seam across the edge of the volvo diffuser, a stanley blade and 'knife edging' slowly shaved that off. No pictures as it just looks a mess at the moment.

I thinned the filler down to make it flow and it may not have worked too well as it didn't seem to be setting off properly, so that may get re-done tonight.

Eyed it up with my selected exhaust tips and it did look good.

May need to change the thread title to 'operation re-chav' though.

Comment

• Pretty sure the clutch is giving up

Sounded a bit iffy a week or so ago, it was definitely starting to slip last night - will be contacting techniclutch to let them know.

Must press on with the gearbox mod and lay off the loud pedal.

Comment

• Hmmm, that's really not good. It was a Kevlar plate was it not? 2000 miles max I'm assuming?

Comment

• Reg just sending you a pm re clutch opportunity...

Comment

• Got it - thanks.

It's only a friction plate though.

Comment

Got it - thanks.

It's only a friction plate though.
                          Its a bargain at that price. I bought the 520Nm race version (last one) . Should work with the rest of your 228mm techniclutch parts. If not I'll buy it off you?

Comment

Its a bargain at that price. I bought the 520Nm race version (last one) . Should work with the rest of your 228mm techniclutch parts. If not I'll buy it off you?

Thought you'd bought the 420Nm friction.plate? Ah well - Picked it up for £59 tonight. Have you found a suitable 240mm for the GRF yet?

Comment

Thought you'd bought the 420Nm friction.plate? Ah well - Picked it up for £59 tonight. Have you found a suitable 240mm for the GRF yet?

I did buy the kevlar setup, how did you get the friction plate even cheaper??

Not looked for a clutch yet - wont be a problem though....will it?

Comment

I did buy the kevlar setup, how did you get the friction plate even cheaper??

Not looked for a clutch yet - wont be a problem though....will it?
                                When there's a single piece left it discounts 3-4 times then returns to retail to start the process again after 3/4 weeks. I thought they'd gone through the cycle when I contacted you. Looked tonight at something else and it popped up as a last viewed at £59..... BARGAIN.

Not looked at 240mm setups yet. Volvo / AXG/AHY and think some 2.0TDi Golf / Audi use an 8 bolt pattern. Will check my notes.

Comment

Working...
                                X