Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	264105
      . .
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]9476[/ATTACH]
        . .
        Woh there,.... drawback the moderation please...

my comments reflect Reg's latest de-chav exploits... expertly revising his rear, shaping his back end with a tasteful moulded extension, with a bent deep stance ready to receive a couple of big pipes with shiney tips..... this is right up Reg's alley and a typical signature addition?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
          Well moderated Greeny

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk
          Thank you sir

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Woh there,.... drawback the moderation please...

my comments reflect Reg's latest de-chav exploits... expertly revising his rear, shaping his back end with a tasteful moulded extension, with a bent deep stance ready to receive a couple of big pipes with shiney tips..... this is right up Reg's alley and a typical signature addition?

Oh my dayz innuendo central!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
              Yea I am liking the bumper too. However I don't have pipes to fill the holes!!!!
              Neither do I...yet.

Im more worried that there's no way the diffuser will fit over the tow bar so either I chop it about or buy a genuine westfalia if I can find one.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                Neither do I...yet.

Im more worried that there's no way the diffuser will fit over the tow bar so either I chop it about or buy a genuine westfalia if I can find one.
                Can you not fit two adaptor plates and lower the swan neck of the hitching eye a tad to clear the diffuser?

Comment

Can you not fit two adaptor plates and lower the swan neck of the hitching eye a tad to clear the diffuser?

Just eyeing it up earlier, it looks like the cross bar that the ball mounts to will foul the bumper - it either needs to be moved back. The westy unit is integrated into the factory bumper irons so starts from a better position to begin with.

A test fitting is in order.

Comment

• Can you not bond in a 3rd exhaust cut out? Or will the struture of the bumper still be in the way?

Comment

Just eyeing it up earlier, it looks like the cross bar that the ball mounts to will foul the bumper - it either needs to be moved back. The westy unit is integrated into the factory bumper irons so starts from a better position to begin with.

A test fitting is in order.
                      Shame - I recently sold an original integrated VW bumber / towbar to Cali Campers for £80.

Last edited by Activ8; 18 June 2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Returning to clutch info for a mo, I thought I pass on some in my notes re the SRE 240mm version,

I must of spoken to Ryan at Darkside, as they use a LUK DMF with a Sachs SRE kit for a 5 speed AXG/AHY, these are their tested max's
                        Sachs 240mm Organic Disc will hold 377Ft/Lbs (510Nm) , so 90Nm more than the marketed 220 & 228mm versions
                        Sachs 240mm Sintered Paddle Disc will hold 555Ft/Lbs (750Nm) , so 230Nm! more than the marketed 220 & 228mm versions
                        £950+VAT!!!

The 6 speed parts are rated higher, think the 02Q gearboxes are officially rated to 350Nm.
                        Sach 240mm Organic Disc will hold 407Ft/Lbs (520Nm)
                        Sachs 240mm Sintered Paddle Disc will hold 592Ft/Lbs (800Nm)

r = 114 mm / r = 120 mm
                        C = 716 mm / C = 754 mm
                        A = 40800 mm2 / A = 45200 mm2
                        10.8% area increase

Comment

Sachs 240mm Organic Disc will hold 377Ft/Lbs (510Nm) ................................

..............Sach 240mm Organic Disc will hold 407Ft/Lbs (520Nm)

Eh??? what's the difference in the two then?

Comment

Eh??? what's the difference in the two then?
                            Could be any number of things? DMF , age of the components at the time of testing, map on the tested vehicle? Gearbox gave up or maxed out.... just thought the numbers were useful.

Sachs rate the organic plate at 520Nm for the AXG/AHY.

Last edited by Activ8; 18 June 2018, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• I may not of been clear in previous clutch threads but the AXG / AHY uses the identical friction plate (Hub Profile 21.8x24.2-23N 23 teeth) required for the GRF gearbox.

According to SRE the organic clutch on the 6 speed box is rated to 520+Nm & 800+Nm with the paddle using the Sachs DMF (Std OEM on 2.0TDi although there's also OEM LUK option for this engine/gearbox). SRE also supply a lightened SMF (6 bolt, 7.5KG) for the 2.0TDi but the ratings drop to 600Nm with the paddle.

Darkside recommend LUK.

Last edited by Activ8; 19 June 2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Stripped the tailgate and marked up all the areas needing attention

There's obviously a few areas that didn't need highlighting like this little dent

[/url]

And this big dent with a crease

This week I have been mostly buying PDR tools and watching instructional videos on you tube

The rust treatment should at least be straightforward

At least I don't need instructions for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X