Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You taking the white 17s off already 😂😂😂

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

• He'll end up on record breakers

Comment

• The 18s, yeap, sold
        Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
          The 18s, yeap, sold
          I meant 18s Lol, fuck me i can't keep up anymore 😂😂

Comment

• He's wheely going for it now.

Comment

• I see what you did there!

Comment

• Don't you feel like your just going round and round [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

• Sweet bebby jizzus

Comment

• I'm getting tyred of this now 😁

Comment

I have a tuned ECU you can buy cheap, it is warrantied, works fine but I will be getting my stock one tuned for the new injectors
                      Make sure the tuning people know it's an MSA 15 ecu and that they can actually map it. I have my doubts...

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                      The 18s, yeap, sold
                      I bloody said didn't I. (probably on this very thread) you'd run them for less time than they took to arrive from the US

Blooming scene slut - You'll listen to Reggie one day.....

Comment

• I'll be happy with the ECU running in standard tune as long as we get over the power drop uphill in 5th....

Comment

• Your will still be quicker than mine at the moment - 3 psi boost max, may as well not even have a turbo.

Comment

• Bugger, did you go out for another drash tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              As I thought.

The N75 has a circuit from 'wastegate control pressure' port to 'ambient' when not energized.

Unless there is a one way valve in there, when the MBC opens, pressure will short circuit back through the N75 rather than pushing the wastegate open.

You will also get bleed back through the MBC bleed port when the N75 fires. this will be les of an issue as the MBC bleed port should be small.
                              Whilst the engine is running the N75 is always operating and bleeding pressure off (unless its mapped differently to standard) but in this setup it's about getting the bleed setup and balanced with the MBC. To keep the N75 as the main control set the MBC to open between the maps max desired pressure and the map SVBL.

Good call Reg - A couple of one way valves might be required as it depends on the quality of the components, the spread of pressure settings & the efficiency of the N75.

Runs good on my AJT and the MBC is there simply to give the turbo/engine a little backup if the N75 fails to bleed enough pressure off at full chat.

If I could locate the voltage map for the N75 I'd look at upgrading it or possibly modifying the existing one.

Obviously VNT and vacuum operated turbos are another topic.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Bugger, did you go out for another drash tonight?
                                I did, and this morning - still rubbish.

Think I may just disconnect the wastegate and see what boost it CAN make - then I'll know if the turbot is goosed.

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                Runs good on my AJT and the MBC is there simply to give the turbo/engine a little backup if the N75 fails to bleed enough pressure off at full chat.

If I could locate the voltage map for the N75 I'd look at upgrading it or possibly modifying the existing one.

Obviously VNT and vacuum operated turbos are another topic.

I hope that's just a phrase you've used - the N75 doesn't bleed off anything - it opens the wastegate. There's very low flow rate through the N75, it's more than up to the job.

For bread and butter protection you could fit a BOV type additional wastegate.

Isn't the N75 map easy to find then? I thought it was quite a common mod to adjust it to drive VNTs.

I built a VNT controller for my old Golf on a PIC, it got more and more functionality and unknowingly I'd practically built half an ECU by the end. Gave up in the end because the servo couldn't keep up with rate of boost build - I just locked the vanes fully closed. At 35 psi the MAP became a bit of an issue for the valves and lifters Went quite well though.

Comment

Working...
                                X