No announcement yet.

Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m just looking forward to when the other guy takes the injectors out and finds reg has welded cock pictures all over them

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      It's an AHU 1.9 from a seat cordoba

The ECU is MSA15 - not an EDC type programmable from ODB

If the N75 had been broken for a while - that would explain the wastegate seizing, it now moves freely.

The pipework for the N75 is fine.

MAP sensor is a good call.

The ECU is MSA15 - not an EDC type programmable from ODB, can I still make IQ changes?

Sausage - get a new MAP sensor. It's on the intercooler pipework by starter motor
      Reg . Checked my engine data xref to ECU files and I get the following

Cordoba 1900 TDI 110 - EDC15V
      Cordoba 1900 TDI 90 - EDC15V
      Cordoba II 1900 TDI 101 - EDC15P+
      Cordoba II 1900 TDI 130 - EDC15P+
      VAG AHU 1900 8v 90 - EDC15V

If this is correct , you can read and write.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Send me the files from the original and modified maps and I'll take a look if you want? Let me know the setup... who did the remap? Your kit should be OK to modify the file but I'll check to be 100%.

Might be worth getting a spare N75 (as it's running c.70% beyond design) and for turbo protection fit a manual boost controller before the N75 set at your max desired boost that way the turbo is protected but you can keep the driveabilty using the N75. Also try fitting a larger ID N75 pressure release pipe, it'll help dissipate the surplus pressure and take some of the strain off of the N75.

How do you plumb it? The output from the manual boost controller would have to be tee'd into the wastegate actuator with the output from the N75. But with the N75 not energised it'll vent back from the output line to ambient - so the output from the manual controller wont trigger the wastegate or is there another way?

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
        I see there is a lot of generic poop on ebay with MBCs, thoughts on this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBO-MANU...kAAMXQDnpTYh-Q
        Yes - I always recommend the mumby unit to people who want their ABL/AAZ etc tuned - fitted loads of them. Simple and work fine.

Has the Seat even got a MAP sensor - is the sensor in the intercooler line actually an intake temp sensor. There's a boost line going to the ECU - is that not the MAP? If so, surely can't have two ecus with duff presure sensors.

Didn't even think I could read or change the MSA files - I couldn't immo delete it - or didn't know how to....

Comment

Send me the files from the original and modified maps and I'll take a look if you want? Let me know the setup... who did the remap? Your kit should be OK to modify the file but I'll check to be 100%.

Might be worth getting a spare N75 (as it's running c.70% beyond design) and for turbo protection fit a manual boost controller before the N75 set at your max desired boost that way the turbo is protected but you can keep the driveabilty using the N75. Also try fitting a larger ID N75 pressure release pipe, it'll help dissipate the surplus pressure and take some of the strain off of the N75.

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Reg . Checked my engine data xref to ECU files and I get the following

Cordoba 1900 TDI 110 - EDC15V
          Cordoba 1900 TDI 90 - EDC15V
          Cordoba II 1900 TDI 101 - EDC15P+
          Cordoba II 1900 TDI 130 - EDC15P+
          VAG AHU 1900 8v 90 - EDC15V

If this is correct , you can read and write.

Not correct. This one has MSA15

Comment

Not correct. This one has MSA15
            What's the ECU part number?

Comment

• Had a look at the sensor that fits to the i/c by the starter, doesn't look like any of the MAP sensors listed online, so I think you are right, tis a temp sensor. I was under the impression the pipe to the ECU led to a MAP in the ECU itself?
              Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Deffo MSA15, will look for part number tomorrow, but it's the one that needs chip tuning as opposed to tuning through OBD

Comment

• Tis one of these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/028-906-02...AAAMXQwMdRETjx

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                    OK thanks. You can upgrade the ECU to the EDC15V and make it easier to map and modify....

Comment

• That was one of Reg's plans....

Comment

OK thanks. You can upgrade the ECU to the EDC15V and make it easier to map and modify....

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                        That was one of Reg's plans....

Twas, I have the plugs and sockets required to make a hybrid loom to make it plug and play - seemed straight forward at first, but the more I googled the more puzzling it got , people who had done it but still had niggling problems and no definite solutions.

Sausage was getting pissed off with my footling about and just wanted his van back so buying a immo-off MSA15 was a simple solution - if not the ideal one..... as he'll find out.

Comment

Twas, I have the plugs and sockets required to make a hybrid loom to make it plug and play - seemed straight forward at first, but the more I googled the more puzzling it got , people who had done it but still had niggling problems and no definite solutions.

Sausage was getting pissed off with my footling about and just wanted his van back so buying a immo-off MSA15 was a simple solution - if not the ideal one..... as he'll find out.
                          OK, just finished writing a map for you - AHU on the MSA15 protocol. Just going to run some checks on it. I don't have a socket & chip programmer (yet) though.
                          Will look into it. Reg are you OK dropping a remapped chip into the ECU?

Comment

How do you plumb it? The output from the manual boost controller would have to be tee'd into the wastegate actuator with the output from the N75. But with the N75 not energised it'll vent back from the output line to ambient - so the output from the manual controller wont trigger the wastegate or is there another way?
                            Heres what I've been running when testing my larger non-VNT/Vac turbo setups. Just a bit of protection.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	mbc_parallel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	262154

Comment

• As I thought.

The N75 has a circuit from 'wastegate control pressure' port to 'ambient' when not energized.

Unless there is a one way valve in there, when the MBC opens, pressure will short circuit back through the N75 rather than pushing the wastegate open.

You will also get bleed back through the MBC bleed port when the N75 fires. this will be les of an issue as the MBC bleed port should be small.

Comment

• Had the 0.216 injectors fitted today, no smoke, ticks over and revs nicely with stock ecu. Will take it for another test drive when I get a chance.

Also van passed mot with no advisories

Comment

Working...
                                X