X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo your back

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

• Only whilst I'm sat in dirty 'donalds, need to hassle BT...
      Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Am with sky there ok

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
          All is good in the hood, just haven't got any interwebs at the mo. Van is running sweet, cheers everyone
          good stuff fella

Comment

• You could manage without the internet but not the van I guess

Comment

• Exactly. Trouble is I've been working away from the office for a fair while so wasn't able to book an engineer, now I'm back for a few weeks so can get on their case

Comment

• Had dave sausages' van in for a running problem and to swap the injectors - broke two slide hammers and only managed to shift one injector - total fail!

His van still has the same problem, he say's it is going into limp but I don't think it is - no fault codes recorded, and I'd expect something.

It is boosting high - or at least it seems to be.

The N75 was broke so that was swapped then the wastegate was unseized but still it seems to make 20psi on standard ecu and tuned ecu.

I'm wondering if his boost gauge is lying as there's no real reason for it to overboost - as the mechanicals appear to work properly and the N75 is doing it's thing.

The actual problem is that the power just dies - but only in top gear trying to power up a hill - so a lot of load on the engine.

Sausage - want to pull the turbo and check what that wastegate is/isnt doing? but first check the boost pressure against my gauge and read codes again.

Bought a proper slide hammer - but if you want to get them fitted down the road I'd be much relieved!

Comment

• All sounds good mate. I will be having a word with the mech down the road to fit the injectors so you can relax

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                    Had dave sausages' van in for a running problem and to swap the injectors - broke two slide hammers and only managed to shift one injector - total fail!

His van still has the same problem, he say's it is going into limp but I don't think it is - no fault codes recorded, and I'd expect something.

It is boosting high - or at least it seems to be.

The N75 was broke so that was swapped then the wastegate was unseized but still it seems to make 20psi on standard ecu and tuned ecu.

I'm wondering if his boost gauge is lying as there's no real reason for it to overboost - as the mechanicals appear to work properly and the N75 is doing it's thing.

The actual problem is that the power just dies - but only in top gear trying to power up a hill - so a lot of load on the engine.

Sausage - want to pull the turbo and check what that wastegate is/isnt doing? but first check the boost pressure against my gauge and read codes again.

Bought a proper slide hammer - but if you want to get them fitted down the road I'd be much relieved!
                    Unsure what exact engine has been fitted? Forgive the mental info dump below, not trying to insult anyone!

Can you do a 3rd / 4th gear WOT run using VCDS? Using Ch 3, 8 & 11, Air(3)/Fuel(8)/Turbo/N75(11)

Sorry got no DELL batteries Reg but doing it will show you the loading, the ECU specified and hardware actual data?

If the van is running the same problem across both ECU's then its likely not to be a mapping issue - well it depends on who's mapped it, but might be worth reading and reviewing both ECU's just to eliminate any read / write errors if the physical engine checks fail to solve it?

If it was a sensor failure, limp mode would of been reported in some form on VCDS with only a few exceptions.

If the wastegate was seized it implies its been closed for quite a long period of time plus the N75 has broken (burnt out or out of electrical range?) so both could of resulted from the others failure.

Assuming the turbo wastegate is free, the actuator functioning normally and set correctly (Waste gate (pressure)0.760-0.820 bar, Waste gate (lift shaft)0.38 mm) it sounds like a pressure leak/bleed in the turbo/N75 pipework possibly before the N75. Pipe lengths & diameters can also affect the turbo control plus check the bleed nipple is sealed on the compressor housing. Make sure the replacement / repaired N75 is correct (I've been experimenting with different N75's rather than change the MAP sensor which can induce different turbo pressure responses.

Old skool "bleeding" the pressure pipe will not throw a fault code and will keep the turbo on full chat. Not sure what engine you've fitted, but I would also test the MAP sensor, it might be fubar (out of electrical range) running constantly at 20psi. The engine intake / exhaust temps are not generally reported but can throw a 2.5 into limp mode with no indicators.

Just a few thoughts....

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      Unsure what exact engine has been fitted? Forgive the mental info dump below, not trying to insult anyone!

Can you do a 3rd / 4th gear WOT run using VCDS? Using Ch 3, 8 & 11, Air(3)/Fuel(8)/Turbo/N75(11)

Sorry got no DELL batteries Reg but doing it will show you the loading, the ECU specified and hardware actual data?

If the van is running the same problem across both ECU's then its likely not to be a mapping issue - well it depends on who's mapped it, but might be worth reading and reviewing both ECU's just to eliminate any read / write errors if the physical engine checks fail to solve it?

If it was a sensor failure, limp mode would of been reported in some form on VCDS with only a few exceptions.

If the wastegate was seized it implies its been closed for quite a long period of time plus the N75 has broken (burnt out or out of electrical range?) so both could of resulted from the others failure.

Assuming the turbo wastegate is free, the actuator functioning normally and set correctly (Waste gate (pressure)0.760-0.820 bar, Waste gate (lift shaft)0.38 mm) it sounds like a pressure leak/bleed in the turbo/N75 pipework possibly before the N75. Pipe lengths & diameters can also affect the turbo control plus check the bleed nipple is sealed on the compressor housing. Make sure the replacement / repaired N75 is correct (I've been experimenting with different N75's rather than change the MAP sensor which can induce different turbo pressure responses.

Old skool "bleeding" the pressure pipe will not throw a fault code and will keep the turbo on full chat. Not sure what engine you've fitted, but I would also test the MAP sensor, it might be fubar (out of electrical range) running constantly at 20psi. The engine intake / exhaust temps are not generally reported but can throw a 2.5 into limp mode with no indicators.

Just a few thoughts....
                      It's an AHU 1.9 from a seat cordoba

The ECU is MSA15 - not an EDC type programmable from ODB

If the N75 had been broken for a while - that would explain the wastegate seizing, it now moves freely.

The pipework for the N75 is fine.

MAP sensor is a good call.

The ECU is MSA15 - not an EDC type programmable from ODB, can I still make IQ changes?

Sausage - get a new MAP sensor. It's on the intercooler pipework by starter motor

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        It's an AHU 1.9 from a seat cordoba

The ECU is MSA15 - not an EDC type programmable from ODB

If the N75 had been broken for a while - that would explain the wastegate seizing, it now moves freely.

The pipework for the N75 is fine.

MAP sensor is a good call.

The ECU is MSA15 - not an EDC type programmable from ODB, can I still make IQ changes?

Sausage - get a new MAP sensor. It's on the intercooler pipework by starter motor
                        Send me the files from the original and modified maps and I'll take a look if you want? Let me know the setup... who did the remap? Your kit should be OK to modify the file but I'll check to be 100%.

Might be worth getting a spare N75 (as it's running c.70% beyond design) and for turbo protection fit a manual boost controller before the N75 set at your max desired boost that way the turbo is protected but you can keep the driveabilty using the N75. Also try fitting a larger ID N75 pressure release pipe, it'll help dissipate the surplus pressure and take some of the strain off of the N75.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Thank you for this guys

I will get a MAP sensor on order

Comment

• I see there is a lot of generic poop on ebay with MBCs, thoughts on this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBO-MANU...kAAMXQDnpTYh-Q

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                              I see there is a lot of generic poop on ebay with MBCs, thoughts on this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBO-MANU...kAAMXQDnpTYh-Q
                              Looks good to me... just put some clamps on any fitted pipework to get a good seal.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Why is it, given I haven't got a clue what you are talking about, that I can't tear myself away from this thread?
                                Hope you get it sorted soon guys.
                                Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Working...
                                X