No announcement yet.

The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF..... Don't use dishwasher tabs or liquids Jeez.... salts , bleaches and detergent in one con-cockaction!

Have a good day with the Holts potion Neil.

Comment

• The chemical flush today was a non starter. Both toolstation and halfords are shut for Easter Sunday. Damn it!
      I picked that double front seat up from my mate Chopper. It is a folding version so that's a bonus. It doesn't have the tray/table like back I've seen them with though.

Sent from Neils wheels using Just T4s

Comment

• The folding aspect is really handy.
        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Yea I like it. I've not tried it in yet though. I might decide against it

Comment

• Getting a new alternator belt, thermostat cos the seal broke on the old 1. And some kind of chemical coolant flush today. Thats the work plan for later on.

Comment

• Alternator belt was a no go today. Looks like dodgy Davey i bought the van from has used any old Alternator that had t4 written beside it. Doesn't even remotely look line up.

Attached Files

Comment

• Eeeeewwww it’s a dirty AAB!!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                #vanlife

Comment

• Look at the offset between the pulleys though Tommy

Comment

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
                    Look at the offset between the pulleys though Tommy

Yeah I saw that but my main concern would be that it’s an AAB lol.

Jokes aside, that’s a tad annoying.

#vanlife

Comment

• ]Pissed about up at the van today briefly. Michelle had appointments mid afternoon that I was chauffeur for. This gave me a couple of hours spare between drop off and pick up time.
                      I've decided to stain my ply. Odd I know. My thinking is i can't remember if its marine grade ply or not as It was stuff we'd had up the farm for ages before I claimed it. The stain is for interior/exterior so that'll do the same thing?? Its just stain I had left over from doing my doors in the house so its not cost me anything to do. thats a couple of coats.

Big kev is getting a skip delivered tomorrow and if I didn't get the t4 out today it was gonna be blocked in for a good week and we want to get it driving up and down the farm track to get it flushed out properly. It was a tight squeeze coming out and parked up. what a beaut of a specimen!

I've taken the dash home for a good scrub down as is absolutely disgusting. Some fanny has been bored whilst a passenger in the van at some point and decided to burn the dash and glove box with the push in fag lighter. the glove box is a write off, anyone have a spare?? Thankfully the dash itself doesn't seem as bad. its quite faint but still noticeable. My thinking is if I get a really fine grade sandpaper or wet/dry ill be able to carefully sand it out. Then on to wurths.

This carpet im getting is most likely gonna be gray. I've seen it before but really can't remember. I want to dye it. Has anyone any experience dying a cars carpet?.
                      My thinking was fill a bath/paddling pool with dye and leave it soaking for a few days.
                      After a quick ebay car carpet dye search the dyes available for car carpets seem to just be aerosols or spray on windolene style bottle and work in type... thoughts? Reviews are few and far between online

Attached Files

Comment

• Hey Neil. Van looking good! If you’re not in a mega rush I’ll send you a glovebox. I’d be interested in how you get on with carpet dye. Mike looks crap at the moment

Comment

• Brilliant! Cheers Steve! Message me and let me know what you want for it mate.

Comment

• I’ve seen carpet dye in aerosol been used before and the results have been good

Comment

• No money at all!! Inbox me your address and I’ll send it asap

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveT4Pembs View Post
                                No money at all!! Inbox me your address and I’ll send it asap
                                See, thats what this place is all about.

Comment

Working...
                                X