No announcement yet.

The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading back to the van today. Michelle is coming to keep me company.
    Gonna sand back the inside of the roof and treat with rust treatment. I'd already done this before Christmas but with the van moving outside condensation built up and surface rust has set in again.

Sent from Neils wheels using Just T4s

Comment

• I'll be posting stuff up soon as I start tackling bodywork issues on mine, I also need to get the green pig lowered, I've had my lowering springs in the boot for 4 years now, about time that job gets done, I also need to strip the sidebars I bought a while ago as they have a plastic coating on them that needs to be burnt off before I can repaint them (or powder coat), have different wheels which need painting aswell. Once I get started I will have loads of content, some people may be interested and others won't but hey ho it will be posted anyway. Also have front seats to fit although my lad wants a double and single in the front so both him and his sister don't have to argue over who rides shotgun

Comment

• Ben I have a front double if you want to experiment with three seats in the front. It's not the tidyest but would clean up.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          Ben I have a front double if you want to experiment with three seats in the front. It's not the tidyest but would clean up.
          It's an idea Si cheers

Comment

• Wee bit more done today.
            Before Christmas I sanded and rust treated the vans interior roof. I didn't prime or paint afterwards. After Christmas its all rusted again. Todays task was to sand it all back. Rust treat and prime. I had wanted to paint the roof also but it started to rain again so packed up for the day. Ill ask Activ to provide my pics again. Pita.

Last edited by Activ8; 30 March 2023, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• I was only saying to Kev yesterday what a cracking job you're doing Neil.
              Well done mate.

Comment

• Thanks Rob. It has its moments but I'm still enjoying it!

Comment

• Michelle's niece has had her first baby so I'm getting dragged along to buy an outfit and then visit. Can't wait! No van time for me today

Comment

• An outfit for you or the baby?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      An outfit for you or the baby?
                      The baby. £30 that could have went to my compressor

Comment

• £30! Where the hell did you shop for that??

Comment

• Matalan. Some outfit set thing and a towel thing. I was just nodding and saying aye Ben.

Comment

• Yeah I can relate to that, sometimes just easier to go with the flow

Comment

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
                              Michelle's niece has had her first baby so I'm getting dragged along to buy an outfit and then visit. Can't wait! No van time for me today

Oh…

When I first read this I genuinely assumed you meant that you needed buy an outfit to wear yourself to go and see the baby as if all you have is ripped jeans covered in Laco flux and oily overalls.

I must think you’re a peasant or something. My apologies for the inaccurate assumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                              #vanlife

Comment

• No, no, your quite on point mate. I probably own 2 maybe 3 sets of "good clothes" I happily walk about like a tink the majority of the time

Last edited by fifet4; 1 April 2023, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X