No announcement yet.

The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -2 in fife today mate. Was snowing yesterday and today. Luckily I could take the door in kevs garage

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Nice work FifeT4... you seem to be much better than you thought... last time i dpoke to ya! Nice one!

Comment

• Cheers Mike. Im sure someone that knows what they are doing would have it done in half the time. Welding doesn't take long. Its the fabrication and prep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fife t4 View Post
          Cheers Mike. Im sure someone that knows what they are doing would have it done in half the time. Welding doesn't take long. Its the fabrication and prep.

Yes and grinding back when your welding is as shite as ours. My welds look like I’ve backed a camel up to the panel and got it to shit at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
          #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Well done Neal, can't be easy in sub zero temps. Great job mate.
            The cold helps to keep the panel cool and reduce warping i’d have thought. I find that wind is the real enemy of MIG welding.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
            #vanlife

Comment

• Cheers Tommy, heres me thinking mine were getting better tae

Comment

• Mate.... ive got garage space for a couple/few weeks from next week onwards... im fuckin buzzin ... bring it here! I can help... hopefully .. lol im doing the rear arches and doing those alloys i stripped back... ! Fuck powder coatin! .. Im taking a short cut... the long way!

Comment

• Mate.... ive got garage space for a couple/few weeks from next week onwards... im fuckin buzzin ... bring it here! I can help... hopefully .. lol im doing the rear arches and doing those alloys i stripped back... ! Fuck powder coatin! .. Im taking a short cut... the long way!

Comment

• Too much hassle man. Id have to trailer the van etc. The offer is very much appreciated tho. I refurbished my golf alloys. I just painted them. Theyr kerbed to fk now like but looked good at the time. We could still have a social distance meet up

Comment

Cheers Tommy, heres me thinking mine were getting better tae

It's better than mine for sure!
                      #vanlife

Comment

• Got the sliding door back on the van this morning. The intention was a full shift but we're still in minus conditions so morale was low. It slides along fine and closes but upon opening then it wants to jump the guide track.
                        So a few alterations to do yet!
                        Pretty pissed off with it tbh, the doors shut and weather tight so it can just stay like that till better weather is in. On to floor next when I get some motivation

Comment

• Keep the faith Fife. I had a bit of that myself today went down dads to finish S49. Spent 20 minutes getting wet and cold, got the hump and came home.You've done wonders so far dont give up. Wait till spring then pile into it. That 1/4 panel looks fine, did you weld the slider track at all? Put ours in from below. May need a bit of grinding but you'll get there.
                          Last edited by S49; 30 January 2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• As Si said, you've done great so far and you knew it was going to be an adventure, and a test of new and old skills.

You may just need a new set of rollers for the sliding door to keep it in its new track. No biggy.

Comment

• That basically sums it up Si. I got the hump. Yes I've rebuilt, fabricated and welded in both end of the sliding door runner. I did think the wheel was maybe also slightly worn activ. Tomorrow is another day

Comment

That basically sums it up Si. I got the hump. Yes I've rebuilt, fabricated and welded in both end of the sliding door runner. I did think the wheel was maybe also slightly worn activ. Tomorrow is another day

Looks like your really coming on with your welding. Keep the faith!

Comment

Working...
                                X