Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK no worries

Comment

• It still looks better than my side door on the work van, I think it was owed by a rugby team at some point and they used it to practise scrums.

Sent from a muppet
      #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
        It still looks better than my side door on the work van, I think it was owed by a rugby team at some point and they used it to practise scrums.

Sent from a muppet
        Thank God it's not your back door that's been used by a rugby team for practise, eh.
        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Thank God it's not your back door that's been used by a rugby team for practise, eh.
          LMFAO!

Sent from a muppet
          #vanlife

Comment

• Wee bit more done on sliding door today.

Cut out the rot

Then finger sanded as much as I could get before priming with electrolox

Sprayed the back side of the repair patch with Bh weld through primer cos ill not be able to get at it again. Found it quite watery stuff.

My phones no letting me upload the welding pic but here it is cleaned up

Cleaned the lower seam with the finger sander then primered. Paid attention to getting the primer on the inside of the seam so its protected a bit when folded back. Appreciate it'll probably crack in the folding back

Seam folded over

And primered. Ill get some seam sealer on it when I buy some.

There's still a couple of small patches to do but it was baltic and windy so thought sod it and went home.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Cracking job, looking great.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Cheers mate. Getting there slowly

Comment

• Keep it up Fife mate.

Comment

• Cheers Si. Too wet to do anything today unfortunately

Comment

• You could take some of the panels home and do in the kitchen. Be there done that.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        You could take some of the panels home and do in the kitchen. Be there done that.
                        Haha aye right she'd kill me welding inside. Bad enough once I've painted something then bring it in to bake above the radiator

Comment

• Planning on investing in an awning for the van? Buy it now and use to get the work done!

Comment

• Good idea but skint mate. Not had any work for a couple of weeks. Im able to crack on with the van at the moment cos ive already got some sheet metal and panels/body cuts. Welder has wire but just over quater tank of gas. Got primer, filler etc already so I can get on with some stuff. My realistic aim is to get the sliding door done. Then at least its mostly watertight except the floor, which I've got.

Comment

• Got some more done to the van sliding door today.
                              This bit was a pain inthe arse. It had taken about 3 hours to make.

Then cleaned up and built hambered. Ill check bits on outer skin tomorrow. Its nearly done though.

Comment

• Well done Neal, can't be easy in sub zero temps. Great job mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X