Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
    I'd defo lower it..even if it's just 40mm
    Think you may well be right.Got a couple of motorbike holidays coming up so I'll sort it out after those.

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
      I'd defo lower it..even if it's just 40mm
      It's a tight squeeze getting the engine undertray out from underneath the van at standard height on my drive, never mind during a long journey at the side of the road in order to fix something.

It also throws out your brake bias valve settings.

I appreciate that there are potential counter-arguments, but it strikes me that lowering is an embedded part of the VW Scene? Not for me though. I'll now sit back and await the flack!

Comment

• After getting all the stuff together and a bit of fabrication I've eventually got the wheel on the door.

Ended up getting a 17" Vito wheel.Should do the job and save me crawling underneath. Will see how it holds,maybe bolster the inner plates.Happy enough with the end product.

Comment

• As the headline had gone to shit I covered it in a coffee sack,came out OK I think.

Got a dividing curtain to put up so the grey strip will go then I'll do something with the visors.

Comment

• Oh no, not the coffee bag retrim. That's so 2016 man........just kidding mate. A dividing curtain is on our to do list.

Comment

• I know what your saying regards the bean bag but unfortunately needs must and it's what I had left over from something else I did.I have enough to do the back but am trying to think of something else a bit different on a budget,it's hard work trying to think out the box

Comment

• Originally posted by burridge01 View Post
                I know what your saying regards the bean bag but unfortunately needs must and it's what I had left over from something else I did.I have enough to do the back but am trying to think of something else a bit different on a budget,it's hard work trying to think out the box
                Have a read of my build thread (duel purpose van, probably on page two or three now cos I've done fuck all for ages).

The whole thing has been done on a budget probably less than 500 euros in total, and that's likely an over estimate. It looks shit mostly but some of the ideas were ok, if poorly executed by my fair hands.

At one point it even had coffee sack seat covers but they fell apart as quickly as they went together.

You can achieve plenty when you don't want to spend cash.
                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• I'm intrigued (amongst other things).

So when you get into the cab can you literally "smell the coffee"?

Hessian sack seat covers would be great if you like to drive Commando without sporting trousers, shorts or kilt. Are you reading this Van-X?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim24 View Post
                    I'm intrigued (amongst other things).

So when you get into the cab can you literally "smell the coffee"?

Hessian sack seat covers would be great if you like to drive Commando without sporting trousers, shorts or kilt. Are you reading this Van-X?
                    Afraid not Jim,the beans haven't been roasted at that point so no smell to speak of.

Now that's been cleaned up,been busy on the van.
                    Changed the steering fluid which was rancid.Was probably one of the easiest fluid changes you can do on the van.

Flushed it a couple of times with clean fluid so it's now nice and green,great stuff.

Comment

• Whilst carrying out the above task me neighbour came out n stuck his nostrils in,before I new it he had donated a wireless Great,I now have noise in the cab.Reckon I need some new speakers so any straight fit replacement recommendations would be great.

As per the rest of the van there was some sorting to be done.All sorted.

Comment

• When all that was done I started rubbing some of the shit paint job off.Started on the front grill but I reckon I may need another, I'll see how it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by burridge01 View Post

Changed the steering fluid which was rancid.Was probably one of the easiest fluid changes you can do on the van.

Flushed it a couple of times with clean fluid so it's now nice and green,great stuff.
                          Nice one. Those PAS pumps are not cheap to replace either.

I've not seen a device like this before - what's the make and what's it called, and I'll look it up?

P.S. Did Si take this photo' for you, as that looks like his foot?

Comment

• It could have been his foot,I did feel a heavy breathing sensation on the nape of my neck.Ooer Mrs's.

I stumbled on a video of a fella changing the steering fluid and thought,why not.

Sure I'll find other uses for ir.Anyone need there colon cleaning,Andy can have it on the house.

Comment

• I'm confident that a national roll-out of a colon irrigation programme would put a smile on everyone's faces during these challenging times? Even that of arch-Brexiteer and Chair of the ERG, Mark Francois MP!

I note that this particular model has a "large capacity to prevent backflow", so also ideal for those of a nervous disposition!

BTW who is Andy??

Comment

• Been a busy day on the van,got the Van-X curtains in.The divider is a tad long and will invariably get filthy pretty quick.

Would really have liked to get a few bits painted first but it's just not the weather for it.Got the plylining sat in the kitchen so hoping to get that and some insulation fitted in the week.

The Crit'air air is now stuck on the screen along with the toll tag(top middle)

Almost ready for the Algarve in December, wish I could get a bed lashed up for the stopover on the way down but that's just not feasible right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X