X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every day is a school day ha ha! This van will be moving very soon! Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveT4Pembs View Post
      Every day is a school day ha ha! This van will be moving very soon! Cheers
      That’s exactly the way I see it and I’d view this (as I did once myself in a similar situation) as a lesson that you should always start with the most basic things. It’s incredibly important for diagnosis so I think it’s positive regardless of how amusing. The able amongst us have all been there. Fuck knows I have. Always check the simple stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• Spot the difference…..

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveT4Pembs View Post
          Spot the difference…..

The driveshaft is connected……….. paaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!

#vanlife

Comment

• Ha ha!

Comment

• You've turned the house round.

Comment

• That would have been easier Si ha ha!

Comment

• Well done.
                  An excellent achievement, you must be thoroughly chuffed?

Comment

• I am chuffed. The van has not moved from its own steam for at least 5 years and maybe longer. It came with literally the engine and gearbox mounted up and everything else in bits. I was going to pay a mechanic to get it all back together and running but glad I didn’t. I have limited spare cash at the end of every month so trying to get this back on the road with a shoestring budget. There’s still the power steering to work out, the pedal box needs changing, brakes need cleaning/changing, cambelt and a service, bodywork, front screen needs replacing, rear screen to go back in after welding and then the interior. Loads to still do but I have already learnt so much thanks to the forum. I have the off glance at the facebook forum and there is such a mixture of advice to questions people ask. Slowly giving up facebook anyway. Here you get good quality honest answers so I’ll be here to stay, even when the van is finished as I have also learnt there are always problems to fix on these. Diolch yn fawr iawn pawb

Comment

• Quite right too ....

Comment

• It’s imperative that people work on their vans themselves if you ask me. Even if you have the money, you can’t always trust your van is being properly cared for.

Proper success story Steve. Love it.

#vanlife

Comment

• Totally agree, i've always tried to encourage folk to get their hands dirty with these ole vans. As Dog71's shows others just dont put the love and time in that you would yourself. And those big jobs while your on a learning curve what better place to take it than Tommyp

Comment

• Si, it's such a long queue

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                              It’s imperative that people work on their vans themselves if you ask me. Even if you have the money, you can’t always trust your van is being properly cared for.

Proper success story Steve. Love it.

I don't disagree at all but some people just don't have a space available or a driveway to do it.

Before you accuse me of making excuses (even though we both know that is what I am doing) working on vehicles on the street here is illegal and results in heavy sanctions, including washing said vehicles.
                              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Well done Steve. Glad you got the van running. Thats a proud moment and always a huge relief. On to the interior...

Built not bought using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X