Start of my build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigmc View Post
    In the trade but only grease monkey not bodywork, this is all new to me, rather have a go meself than call in favours or have it done at mates rates. Vans at work in an unused (at the moment) bodyshop. I'd encourage anyone who can do DIY with a bit of sense to have a pop at the windows

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Just T4s
    That's it. Theres a lot that can be done on the drive. In the trade myself but always encouraging folk to have a go as long as its done safely. Following with great interest.

Comment

That looks very much like the old 60's style Bradbury 4 poster like the one I had in my first workshop.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmc View Post
        With or without bonnet bra?, I'm asking the audience!!!

Without unless you want to ruin the paintwork on your bonnet!

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Comment

No bra.It'll hold the moisture just look at Activ's thread. Ok to pop on for a long journey if your worried about stone chips. We got a bug deflector hoping to protect Mol's hotrod sparkle bonnet but I wasn't happy that it wasn't going to rub where it sat on the corners.Be ok on desert sand mind.

Comment

It came with a bra on it,mopped bonnet today and it came up a treat,I'll do lower panel when i lift front to do service &belts etc.4 poster is old like me!!,

Sent from my SM-T560 using Just T4s

Comment

Having used a 70's Bradbury at the Volvo agent I bought the earlier version with the corrugated bed I'm a bit of an old spanner nut so i'd best not start on old workshop equipment Reg will have kittens.

Comment

In another workshop we've got a 4 poster working with screws in each corner, motor on the bed, reckon at least 70 yrs old!!!

Comment

It will be, is it a Churchill? Can you grab a couple a pic's? See you've started something now.

Comment

I'll have a look tomorrow!!!

Comment

When I was an apprentice (if that isn't old boys talk I don't know what is!!!) I worked in a pit!!!, that's a hole in the floor for you young un's, s49 will know what I'm about!!

Comment

This is the rubber to go on before the windows are put on, reckon its OK?

Comment

Well I'm still working in a pit...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, know all about those. The old chap has one in the turkey shed. I made some duck boards out of an old pallet so you don't need wellies.

Comment

That trim should finish it off nicely,

Comment

Just for s49, Laycock ramp

Comment

Working...
                                X