Start of my build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start of my build!!!

As is the norm I'm starting my build thread, stripped out old boarding + shit insulation ready for windows. Cut out o/s today ready for glass, has anyone used a trim off ebay that covers both lips + sits in void between?, soon as this ones done it'll be door one next, kitchen units arrived last week(there for the wife not me!!)

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Just T4s

Originally posted by bigmc View Post
    As is the norm I'm starting my build thread, stripped out old boarding + shit insulation ready for windows. Cut out o/s today ready for glass, has anyone used a trim off ebay that covers both lips + sits in void between?, soon as this ones done it'll be door one next, kitchen units arrived last week(there for the wife not me!!)

Thats a brave cut to make

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Its best to bond or spot weld the two panels together before the window goes in.

Comment

Will bond with sticaflex rather than spot weld and burn paint, trim is ordered to cover the cuts

Comment

This after 1 days hard graft, machine mop kills the arms!!

Comment

Ours were bonded by the fitter and are coming away in places.I'll never let someone else fit them once I'd watched it done. I'd weld carefully,prime and fit glass another day.Done right wont effect the paint that shows. You'll be fine bonding if left clamped firmly overnight, ours were done in one hit.Mind my lastest project don't have any rear panels to worry about. Keep the up dates coming

Comment

Other side out, not sure I want windows now!!!

Comment

Is that your workshop MC, are you in the trade?

Comment

Nice , watching this with interest as I will be at this point in a few weeks. Think I will weld and prime and paint before i fit the seal then the window. Keep posting, looks like it will be good when it's done.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marcushamblin197 View Post
                    Nice , watching this with interest as I will be at this point in a few weeks. Think I will weld and prime and paint before i fit the seal then the window. Keep posting, looks like it will be good when it's done.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
                    Hear,hear. Do love a build thread.

Comment

In the trade but only grease monkey not bodywork, this is all new to me, rather have a go meself than call in favours or have it done at mates rates. Vans at work in an unused (at the moment) bodyshop. I'd encourage anyone who can do DIY with a bit of sense to have a pop at the windows

Comment

With or without bonnet bra?, I'm asking the audience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmc View Post
                          With or without bonnet bra?, I'm asking the audience!!!

Im 100% sure you are about to get a resounding NO on that one..... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Looks great how is

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

That paint looks nice on the pic, especially when the front panel gets matched up to the rest. Lovely stuff

Sent from a muppet
                              #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                              X